Wagga Wagga NSW any info

Guest roger and sharon

Guest roger and sharon

I will soon be moving to Wagga Wagga NSW, has anyone got any info or tips to make the move easier.

Wow my Fiancee and I are moving to Wagga Wagga next year. I like it there its actually quite nice what part you moving too. Well I don't really no what to suggest.

Guest proud2beaussie

Guest roger and sharon

Don't know exactly where yet but I am a nurse and will be working in Wagga Wagga Base Hospital so it will be somewhere close by.

It's a typical NSW country town with an army base on its outskirts so you get a few sqaddies around. It's a substantial drive away from anywhere even vaguely different so if your passion is surfing or listening to concerts you may well be disappointed but like most country towns it has more of a community feel to it than the big cities. It can be bl**dy hot in summer and the mozzies are like elephants (my DS got badly bitten there and ended up in hospital because of the infection - only time ever). It's a good 4-5 hours from Sydney and 2-3 hours from Canberra so pretty isolated. It's more "Australia" than the touristy bling places, much more down to earth.

Its a good town though, I like it and I am only 22, they also have the RAF there two, lots of hotels, they have two shopping centers and making wayfor another new one next to the abbies.

Its hot so aircon is a must but its also freezingat night so reverse of heater is a good idea

• 1 month later...

New to this forum - If all goes according to plan I'll be moving from Scotland to Wagga in January. My GF got a job there, she was there for a week recently and she says it's a nice country town, pretty quiet though. I just hope we'll get loads of outdoor stuff to do.

I am 23 and my OH is 27 he is from Wagga and currently residing in sydney. You are close to the mountains so you can go skiing plus I think its a couple of hours drive to melbourne and 5 hours drive to Sydney. Wagga does have its own airport. There arelots of pubs but its totally different to the English countryside and its very hot in summer. I like it and we always go there as much as possible. We are moving down there next yearas we currently reside in Sydney

I am 23 and my OH is 27 he is from Wagga and currently residing in sydney. You are close to the mountains so you can go skiing plus I think its a couple of hours drive to melbourne and 5 hours drive to Sydney. Wagga does have its own airport. There arelots of pubs but its totally different to the English countryside and its very hot in summer. I like it and we always go there as much as possible. We are moving down there next yearas we currently reside in Sydney

You make it sound all right -

Being from the South of France and after 10 years in Scotland, I'm looking forward to the heat. My girlfriend is from the North of England and pale as a sheet so the heat is actually one her main worries :)

Do you recommend any particular area to live in?

• 9 months later...
Guest cwphua

Hi all,

My family are going to Wagga Wagga as my wife has a job offer there. Need to find out more about schools, accommodation. Any advice that you can offer for a new migrant, currently residing in NZ.

Cheers,

Chiu

Archived