Lonely Pom- looking for new friendships in the land of Oz!

Guest Binbininoz

Guest Binbininoz

Hi All,

I am new to this site and join in aim of meeting some new people!

I am a 23 year old pom who has emmigrated to Australia in April 2005 on a prospective marriage visa.... we finally got hitched on November 12th! So to all of you'ze thinking it cant be done... have faith in yourselves and your relationships, and like my nan always says...'keep ya chin up'!!

I have found it very hard moving here away from all my family and friends, and have found it extreamily difficult to settle and make friends, so if anyone else here is in the same position, or would like to stop for a chat, please do.... I could do with lots of social conversations!!!!

Love Binbin! xx

Guest rina parkes

hi bin bin

i have just moved from nsw to qld,and am finding the same thing.i have met a few friends through work,but my 16 year old is finding it abit harder,mind you she was the one that wanted to come here in the first place'

But as you said keep the chin up,when i first came to australia,i had no one,but have got some really good friends over the years.it takes a while.

I'm up in hervey bay where abouts are you?

anyway good luck,hope to here from you again

marina

Hi mate

I'm 27 and due to come over next Tuesday. Im moving to Sydney. Got a 4 yr working visa as my new employer is sponsoring me. Im going on my own, and then my girlfriend will be coming over around Feb time next year.

Where abouts are you living?

rico

Guest ABCDiamond
Hi All,

I am new to this site and join in aim of meeting some new people!

I am a 23 year old pom who has emmigrated to Australia in April 2005 on a prospective marriage visa.... we finally got hitched on November 12th! So to all of you'ze thinking it cant be done... have faith in yourselves and your relationships, and like my nan always says...'keep ya chin up'!!

I have found it very hard moving here away from all my family and friends, and have found it extreamily difficult to settle and make friends, so if anyone else here is in the same position, or would like to stop for a chat, please do.... I could do with lots of social conversations!!!!

Love Binbin! xx

Hi BinBin

What part of QLD are you in ? Anywhere near the Redlands, Bayside area ?

Guest jessi-b

Hi there, I am 27 and have just come over with my australian fiance to the gold coast, arrived in oz just over a month ago and have just got a place in burleigh heads. Looking to make my own friends and chat to those who have been through it!

Where are you based?

Jess

I'm 27 also... flying tommorow with Emirates so will be there on Thursday. Im going to Sydney but flying solo. My girlfriend wont be come till early next year!

So if you anyone wants to hang about with a fun Scot send me a message!

ta

Rico

Hi Jess

Just thought I'd drop you a message to say thats me finally arrived in Sydney (well I got here last Thursday). So far its been fun, buts a lot to take in.

I've been out some people from my new job and a couple of peopleI knew from back home in Scotland, but I'm still kinda lonely.

Whats been happening with yourself?

cheers

Rico

Hi I just got here a couple of months ago on a WHV but am in the process of putting application together for PR.

I am based in Melbourne at the moment. Lucky I have family and some friends from England close by which has made things a lot easier, but still go through phases of homesickness (even though I am in regular contact with the folks back home - its still a big adjustment)

I have found this site quite helpful and people in general at work and stuff have been helpful to with advice on pretty much everything.

Having fun learning about a new country and still on the hunt to find authentic fish and chips!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I arrived in Qld (Maroochydore) in Jan 06. Love the country, just finding it hard to meet people. Havent had to make friends since school days!!!! ha ha ha, forgot how difficult it is!!!

Anyone wanna chat them post me a reply

Chloe

• 1 month later...
Guest samantha davies

Hi how are you going, we are in the middle of trying to get to malloolaba. So may be i can call for a cofee. That is whats worrying me, i ave an Australian friend who said they lived on a road and noboody talked to them

• 2 years later...
Guest Marie78

Hi guys,

Ive been here since end of march on a working holiday visa. am in the goldcoast and have found it quite difficult meeting new people and making new friends. im working casual now as a waitress so have met a few new people. Like a couple of you have said the homesickness thing is quite hard at times. Everyone is so laid back on the goldcoast in can be quite frustrating when job hunting and nobody gets back to you for weeks!! Anyway anyone who fancies a chat that would be great! xx

Hi guys,

Ive been here since end of march on a working holiday visa. am in the goldcoast and have found it quite difficult meeting new people and making new friends. im working casual now as a waitress so have met a few new people. Like a couple of you have said the homesickness thing is quite hard at times. Everyone is so laid back on the goldcoast in can be quite frustrating when job hunting and nobody gets back to you for weeks!! Anyway anyone who fancies a chat that would be great! xx

I know what your going through Marie im in Brisbane even through i meet my oh friends she know for years i like to have my own set of friends to. I have the same problem applying for working in Brisbane it self i hate the wait it like they forgotten about you completely and i been here since the begining of June and i had moments where i wanted to go home to. But knows im here to marry my oh in January has made me look at the bigger picture i would do this all again knowing what i know now

Archived