Our Container has gone!!!!

Guest Cane Family

Guest Cane Family

Hi All,

Just to give you all a catch up of where we are at present. We opted to use John Mason as our international removal agent some time ago. The packers turned up on Thursday morning and had wrapped and boxed nearly all our worldly goods by 4pm, the items unpacked where our optional to go or not to go, plus the last min items, a bed, Kettle and TV. Thursday was a glorious day SUN beating down. The container was due on Friday @ 12pm, typical UK, it was raining from 10 ish and it was steady, then the heavens opened.

The container arrived at 12.30 and it was still raining, so loading was delayed, once the rain eased off, the loading commenced and this only took approx 1.5 hours to load and we got all the optional items on also. The container driver said he had to be back to Liverpool as the it was being loaded tonight (Friday) on a feeder ship off to Antwerp, then it will leave Antwerp 6th July.

Prior to the container arriving John (lead packer) said it was going to be tight even without the optional items. Adele was on level 2 panic stations, but in the end all worked out all ok. We are now just preparing the house ready for some new tenants who plan to move in on Monday.

We would strongly recommend John Mason, for service and price, I have posted some pics just as a reminder of the day - http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/album.php?albumid=642

Guest spadgersdad

Remember the feeling well, its amazing how all your wordly goods fit into such a small container! Its like christmas when they arrive at the other side, everything new, clean and so pleased to have your personal belongings arrive in oz.

Hope your move goes well, good luck and enjoy!!

Guest Cane Family

Hi Sue

Yes this was a 20 foot container, we arrive in Brisbane 6th September, container due to arrive 29th August, then to clear customs which should take about 2 weeks so hopefully once cleared we will have found a house for it to be delivered to!!!

We got everything on the container, eg, 50 inch Plasma, 42 inch Plasma (BOYS AND THEIR TOYS), 1 three seater sofa, and 2 x 2 seater sofas, washer, dryer, fridge freezer, 2 double mattresses, 1 single, 1 divan double base, 1double and one single bed flat packed, 2 double wardrobes flat packed, Steves tools (Half of B & Q) 4 chest of drawers, 1 tall set chest of drawers, all pots pans, all kitchen equipment, dining room table and 6 chairs, 4 bikes, golf clubs, about 6 suitcases and 4 large boxes full of clothes, boxes of shoes (mine) and handbags (mine), laptops, pcs, printers, xbox, wii, ps2 and games, 3 bookcases, and 3 DVD cabinets, 5 boxes of DVD's and a cuddly toy !!!! So we did really well its surprising how much you can get in the container. John Masons were excellent, lets just hope it gets there in one piece.

All my stress has gone now, I can relax a bit until we get there and it all starts again, but Im sure it will all be worth it in the end!!!

Take Care

Adele xxx

OMG Adele, I seem to have missed so much, not been on here much lately and here you are with all your worldly goods on their way to oz. Theres no turning back now, LOL.

So I take it that you are now renting your house out. Just curious as to where you will be staying for the next couple of months before you head off to your new life.

Want to wish you Steve and the girls all the best.

Love, Debbie, Stuart and Clan

xx

Guest Cane Family

Hi Debbie

Thanks for your best wishes, we have not been on here much lately, had too much to do !! Yes the container is bobbing along now lets just hope it gets there in once piece !!! We are renting the house out, a young couple move into tomorrow, they seem really nice so hopefully they will look after the house, we are hoping they might love the house that much they may want to buy it !!! We have moved into my mums house until we leave, she is not here much as she is always away, my stepdad has another house down south so they spend alot of time down there, which has worked out well so hopefully by the time we get there the container has arrived safely and we will have all our home comforts.

How are all your plans going, any luck selling the house? When are you planning to go?

Take care and speak to you soon

Adele xxx

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi Adele, It was really good to see those pics and thanks for the list - gives us some idea of what you can squeeze into one! Where are you heading for? Any jobs to go to or are you going blind like we will prob do eventually??? I wondered where you were going to stay for a few months without all your stuff!

Anyway, keep us updated!!!

Julie xx

Guest Cane Family

Hi Julie

We are going to Brisbane, we have family there so staying with them when we land until we find a rental property, we dont have any jobs to go to, Steve has been applying but they will not entertain him until he is actually in the country.

Luckily my mum lives nearby so we are living at her house until we leave she is never there so its all worked out well.

Thanks and Take Care

Adele xxx

Guest juliemtaylor

It's a scary thing having to go without jobs, we'll be doing the same if and when we get the visa's and sold the house.........

Julie x

Archived