Music Scene in Brisbane/Gold Coast...or not?

LukeM

Hi all

My family likes music very much (rock!) - and we would like to know about the music scene in Brisbane/Gold Coast area.

Anybody know if there are any good venues/clubs/arenas/stadiums...centres...wherever who regularly showcase rock bands new, old, world-renowned, local, international, the lot - we love 'em all if they sound like anything from AC/DC to ZZ Top, visiting all corners sprung up from rock and metal incl. black/death/thrash metal, blues rock, hard rock... Metallica to Maiden, all of 'em pretty much!!

Anybody care to offer any consoling words - such as these kinds of places exist?!

There's loads of venues in the UK, we know, and go to regularly, but don't know much/anything about the music scene in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area.

Helps? :arghh: :wubclub:

Guest Vim Fuego
Hi all

My family likes music very much (rock!) - and we would like to know about the music scene in Brisbane/Gold Coast area.

Anybody know if there are any good venues/clubs/arenas/stadiums...centres...wherever who regularly showcase rock bands new, old, world-renowned, local, international, the lot - we love 'em all if they sound like anything from AC/DC to ZZ Top, visiting all corners sprung up from rock and metal incl. black/death/thrash metal, blues rock, hard rock... Metallica to Maiden, all of 'em pretty much!!

Anybody care to offer any consoling words - such as these kinds of places exist?!

There's loads of venues in the UK, we know, and go to regularly, but don't know much/anything about the music scene in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area.

Helps? :arghh: :wubclub:

Hiya!

Plenty of venues in Brisbane, mostly around Fortitude Valley, more opening all the time (just been to a new one, The Hi-Fi, to see The Grates ... a Brisbane Indie band).

The freebie music paper 'Time Off' is a good place to start when you are settled ... out everyone Wednesday.

Home | timeoff.com.au

I've got my Acca Dacca tickets BUT I also have tickets to see The Angels down in Tweed Heads (QLD/NSW border) and that I am mightily looking forward to ... ageing but still great rockers. Saw them at the Mansfield Tavern (spit and sawdust venue, typically Aussie) last year and they blew bands half their age away.

All I need now is Airbourne to drop by and I am sorted for rock.

The big bands usually stop off here ... last high profile one I saw was The Darkness (in the Valley) but that was a while ago now, I prefer to spend less money to see more bands, the whole 'enormogig' experience has worn a little thin for me ... still, bring on Acca Dacca!

Hey, and Suzi Quatro seems to be on a constant tour ... Johnny Farnham is coming back ... again ... what more do you need?!

Guest JoanneHattersley

There are loads of places that bands play, its just waiting for them to get here!

We have the Brissie Convention Centre, Brissie Entertainment centre, ANZAC Stadium, Suncorp stadium, Brisbane RIverstage, Tweed Heads and Im sure that there are more. Since we have been here in 2005, we have seen several stage shows at the theatre as well as Billy Connolly, Eric Clapton, Billy Joel twice, The police, U2 and Robbie Williams.

What's it like in terms of age restrictions? I hear a lot of venues in QLD are 18+ restricted and in SA they're... not... which is bad, we changed our game plan so we could go to QLD instead and have visas etc and now my dad is annoyed because any that he's found so far have been 18+??!

Hmmm.

Guest The Baggo's

We just had 'Blues on Broadbeach' which was good. all free and ran from Thursday until Sunday. Loads of bands and atmosphere was really great - family orientated although probably not in the evenings so much.

Archived