Tattoo after having meds finalised

Dawny

Once the meds have been finalised are there any rules or regulations on having a new tattoo done or touching up the old one! Are you better off waiting to get this done once in oz, or can you go ahead whilst still in the uk?

Many thanks x

Guest landerson78
Once the meds have been finalised are there any rules or regulations on having a new tattoo done or touching up the old one! Are you better off waiting to get this done once in oz, or can you go ahead whilst still in the uk?

Many thanks x

Hiya really dont know the answer to this but if you re medicals are done and sent immigration would never know if you had a new tatoo! You dont have any follow up medicals or anything when you get here so you ll be fine. Take care, Lou

Guest claire&fred

No problem. I had 2 tattoos done after our medicals. So did my OH. My god we sound like a right pair.

Anyway it was not a problem.

Claire

No problem. I had 2 tattoos done after our medicals. So did my OH. My god we sound like a right pair.

Anyway it was not a problem.

Claire

Many thanks Claire,!

Thought i would just ask as you never know!

I beg to differ - if you have tattoo work done after your medical you have an obligation to inform DIAC as they may require you to retake Hep B tests. God forbid if you migrated and it turned out you had contracted Hep B then your visa could be cancelled.

There was a post on this before and me and OH ended up rowing about it 'cos he wanted to get some more tattoo work done before we left and I wouldn't let him!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/42497-tattoo-after-medical.html

Jules

Guest Squem

I can't believe it... i've finally plucked up the courage to have a tattoo and then i find this post... damnnnnnnnnnnn it!!!!

My dad will not be happy if i put our visa at risk and actually i wont be happy either ... i guess ill get one in oz then

boooooo hoooooooooooo

Guest Magnetic6
I beg to differ - if you have tattoo work done after your medical you have an obligation to inform DIAC as they may require you to retake Hep B tests. God forbid if you migrated and it turned out you had contracted Hep B then your visa could be cancelled.

There was a post on this before and me and OH ended up rowing about it 'cos he wanted to get some more tattoo work done before we left and I wouldn't let him!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/42497-tattoo-after-medical.html

Jules

Hi Jules

I know it's a hypothetical scenario but how could DIAC or the authorities prove that if you did contract Hep B that it was from having a tattoo, especially if you'd never told them you'd had one done?

Natalie x

Guest hazeotoole

I got my first tattoo in Oz last Jan and the place was great, guy was really nice was in Perth in Wannaroo so maybe wait till you get there!

Archived