Help please with customs clearance at the port of Brisbane

krissyazz

Hi all,

Our boxes have arrived! i need to clear them through customs first before i can pick them up at the warehouse in the port, but i cant get through to customs (or anyone really!) to ask where customs are in the port of Brisbane?? Just wondered if any one knows??

Thanks

Kris xx:smile:

Guest Misty

We're over the other side of the country (Perth) but as Johatts says, when our boxes arrived, we didn't need to do anything. We were contacted by the company that shipped them for us when they were ready for collection, and they were very helpful, told us exactly where we needed to go etc. We had to go to their offices first to pick up the paperwork and pay a fee, then they sent us over to customs house (about half a mile away from their offices) where we had to hand over the paper work to customs. They did what they needed to do, and then we had to speak to quarantine (fortunately they were in the same building), who did what they needed to do (deciding if they needed to come and inspect what was in the boxes etc). They gave us the paperwork back and then it was back to the shipping company who released the stuff once they had seen the necessary paperwork. A bit of a faff, but painless enough.

Not sure if it will be the same in Brisbane (and this was air frieght rather than shipping) but should imagine it will be quite similar?

Cheryl x

Guest guest30038

Hi Kris,

Depends on the shipping company. If it's a half-way decent one they should send you the clearance forms when your stuff arrives, you fill 'em in, return 'em and they then finalise for you. You shouldn't have to do anything at all, other than fill a few forms in and return 'em to the shipping co if your shipping company is on the ball.

A recent arrival had their stuff sitting on the dock because the company notified 'em by e mail instead of phone..............their computer of course...........was on the docks!..........dickheads!

On ringing the company to ask where the shipment was, they sent the paperwork to my computer, and it was returned to them within the hour and the shipment was released and delivered 4 days later.

get in touch with yours 'cause they may well have emailed instead of phoning you.

kev

• 10 years later...