Job descriptions and immigration

Guest Andync30

Guest Andync30

Hi,

I’m just interested to find out how my job would fit into the stated trades Australia is looking for. I’m a qualified Pattern and Model maker. My actual job title isn’t listed as such but jobs I do within my work are. As in Boat repair/Building, Toolmaker, jig maker, Metal engineer, Woodwork etc. These are all jobs that my job entails. Would I have to narrow it down to one specific title or would this be a problem?

My girlfriend and me spent a couple of months on the east coast last year and fell in love with Australia. We are now very seriously thinking about moving out there. I’m 24 and my girlfriend is 23. I’ve got family out there in the form of 2nd cousins plus others!!. We are not homeowners but could take about £10K+ with us. I’m a highly skilled tradesperson and she is a PA. From any of yours experience do you think we would get through the application stage or would we struggle, I know they are not looking for office staff but obviously we could marry if that was an issue?

Do you recommend going up to Australia House in London to talk to someone?

Anyway sorry for the essay and thank you very much for any advise :spinny:

Andy & Racheal

Hiya welcome to poms ,if one of our resident agents dosnt pick up on your post i would ring one of the many agents out there for some advice.Most offer a free consultation and will help you decide which is the best visa for you,,good luck with your plans

Cal x

Guest mandyg

Hi i dont think you have to be married to go to ozz if you can get a visa granted on the skilled visa and you can prove your a couple as in together i dont see it been a huge problem but i would agree to speak to an agent and get some advice and they will let you know if you have a good chance or not.

Good luck and let us all know how you get on.

mandy

Guest Andync30

Hi Ya

Just been looking and found this website http://www.completemigration.com.au. They actually list my job on there within there assesment form, Wood Model Maker. Has anyone used this agent? Seems strange they have my job listed but others dont, unless ive missed them!! I get 60pts for my job to!!. Me and Rach are heading out there for 6 months to try and find where we would like to settle, we have done most of the east coast so this time we are heading west!!!! Thanks for your advice guys im sure i'll have another question very soon!!!!:wacko:

Andy

Guest mandyg

Hi it seems the job skilled list changes from time to time my husband found his skill was on some but not others also. Good luck with things .

mandy

Archived