Trapped in Oz! please help

Guest jacqueline

Guest John Locke
Whatever anyone does they should never ever burn their bridges, there is no such thing as "I know I'll never want to come back", .

Wise words, whether leaving for the U.K. or leaving for OZ

We had two unexpected days in London, hadn't studied our itinerary properly, we'd been on a very long cruise that ended up in UK and they'd arranged a couple of nights in a hotel. We found out about the half price offer for the Royal Palaces if you travel by train so spent a day at Hampton Court and another wandering around the parks in London. You pick up a form when you buy your ticket, hand in the completed form at the park and they let you in for half price, yes you will get some spam but it is useful for next time. Here' a few pics from that part of our trip. I had lived and worked in London in the sixties, then I knew where to get reasonable prices but this time we were amazed by the cost of food, a sandwich and cup of tea would cost more than a full meal in Sydney where we also know the bargains; we were on holiday so didn't let it worry us too much in fact we had a good laugh over paying £28 each for a small snack near that big wheel thing, it did taste good though.

Nice pics Nigel , i enjoyed viewing them . It would be lovely if the UK was like that everywhere.

Archived