Advice on Brissey Suburbs please!!!

Lady Tottington

Hi PIO’s, I was wondering if anyone could give us some advice on a couple of suburbs. We initially wanted to move to the Gold Coast but unfortunately this would limit our chances of employment so we have decided to move closer to the city. We have stayed in Jimboomba and really like the country living, so Jimboomba is an option but does anyone have any advice on Bellbowerie and Redland Bay, or any other nice suburbs within 50km of Brisbane city. We need to be near a good school (we would prefer an independent school) for our 13 year old to finish her education and also need a decent size back yard to cater for our two dogs. We are going to be looking for a rental for the first couple of years. Any advice would be fantastic. :unsure:

Thanks Sam

Guest guest30038

Hi PIO’s, I was wondering if anyone could give us some advice on a couple of suburbs. We initially wanted to move to the Gold Coast but unfortunately this would limit our chances of employment so we have decided to move closer to the city. We have stayed in Jimboomba and really like the country living, so Jimboomba is an option but does anyone have any advice on Bellbowerie and Redland Bay, or any other nice suburbs within 50km of Brisbane city. We need to be near a good school (we would prefer an independent school) for our 13 year old to finish her education and also need a decent size back yard to cater for our two dogs. We are going to be looking for a rental for the first couple of years. Any advice would be fantastic. :unsure:

Thanks Sam

It's hard to recommend a particular suburb as what you are looking for seems to be represented in most suburbs on the outer fringes. The ones you mention are on the southside so if your work ends up being on the northside, commuting could be a nightmare.

Click on suburbs at this site and work your way through them

http://www.ourbrisbane.com/suburbs

I prefer the northside as I find it isn't as "busy" as the south. Median house prices and rentals also have to be considered........pretty expensive in the more "marketable" areas of Redland Bay. You can pm me with more info and specifics if you find a need.

Good luck

kev

Hi Sam

Redland Bay is a nice suburb, but also look at Victoria Point, Thornlands, Cleveland, Ormiston and Wellington Point. They are all bayside suburbs with Redland Bay the most southerly and Wellington Point in the north. The first three have housing areas and more rural areas so you get the best of both worlds. We live on acreage in Thornlands, but are less than 5 mins from Victoria Point shopping centre.

All these areas have decent schools. When you say independant, do you mean private? If so, have a look at Ormiston College, Sheldon College, Redlands College and Faith Lutheran. The last two are christian schools, but not overly so.

I hope that helps a bit. If you have any more questions, please ask - either here or via PM.

Good luck with the move

Love

Rudi

x

Guest spadgersdad

Hi Sam,

We are located at Cleveland, another website to check out is www.redlandstourism.com.au also if your not sure about distances check out www.whereisit.com.au there are maps that give you distances between places.

Our advice would be to find an area then start to look at schools etc someones advice would not possibly suit what you are looking for. We always advise people to arrive then have a good look around and get a feel for the areas.

Hope all goes well with your move.

Archived