shipping insurance

taffordbark

After spending the last week trying to get what we think is a reasonable quote for shipping (marine cargo insurance) insurance we have come across BJP insure www.bjpinsure.com they have beat every other qoute we have had by a country mile and are far more reasonable than the removal companies own insurance.

The forms were by far the simplest to fill in and the lady who we dealt with was an absolute pleasure. Her name is Rachel Fowler and her direct line number is 0118 979 2121,far easier to ring than work your way round a minefield of a website like i did.

So in conclusion folks,don't get ripped of by your removal company for insurance , virtualy all of them charge around 3% and we have got our cover from BJP for 1.5%,,and that covers all risks,,,,,,,,god I love a bargain :notworthy::notworthy:

Insurance bargains frighten me a little. I know how hard it is to get them to pay up!

Also, I learned many years ago to never, ever take phone conversations with insurance companies seriously. They will deny it all if it means the difference between paying and not paying out on a claim!

However I do like a bargain so will get a quote from them when the time comes, and read all that small print. Thanks for the tip.

Guest The Hoys hoping.........

Ooh....thank you so much. Shipping insurance is on my list of things to do for tomorrow( such an exciting life I lead eh ?)

I will certainly give them a call.:-)

Insurance bargains frighten me a little. I know how hard it is to get them to pay up!

Also, I learned many years ago to never, ever take phone conversations with insurance companies seriously. They will deny it all if it means the difference between paying and not paying out on a claim!

However I do like a bargain so will get a quote from them when the time comes, and read all that small print. Thanks for the tip.

Don't worry, I spent four and a half hours reading the small print and another half an hour or so asking questions on the phone about the finer detail that I didn't quite underastand ( very sad i know) as I have done with all of the quotes which I have got.

It seems the only grey area for all the insurance companies I have spoken to is Piracy,so if I see some Somalian pirate on News At Ten sat on MY couch watching MY T.V ,I will know he is the guy who has had it away from my container and I will be over there like a shot looking for my gear back! lol

Guest Swans

Thankyou for this info I have spent so much time looking for a removal company and very little time looking into insurance this will certainly help.

Sue

Archived