Toddlers on flights

Guest Valbeanie

Guest Valbeanie

I know there have been a lot of threads about how to cope with young children on flights but I'm still a bit confused!

We will be flying to Adelaide with my 22 month old son next month with Cathay Pacific. We have booked a seat for him and hope he'll sleep most of the way. However, it seems that we're unable to use any approved car seat we had hoped to take on the flight from HK - Adelaide because they do not fit in the Airbus seats.

Does this mean that everytime the seatbelt sign goes on we have to disturb him/wake him and place him on my lap?

Any advice please?

I know there have been a lot of threads about how to cope with young children on flights but I'm still a bit confused!

We will be flying to Adelaide with my 22 month old son next month with Cathay Pacific. We have booked a seat for him and hope he'll sleep most of the way. However, it seems that we're unable to use any approved car seat we had hoped to take on the flight from HK - Adelaide because they do not fit in the Airbus seats.

Does this mean that everytime the seatbelt sign goes on we have to disturb him/wake him and place him on my lap?

Any advice please?

Yup basically. Dont worry though, chances are that the seat belt sign isnt going to go on in mid flight. It doesnt happen that often and if it does you are going to be glad to cuddle him!

I recently flew to UK and back with my granddaughter and her parents - she was fine - she was 20 months when we flew back and I didnt buy her a seat so she either lap sat or was in the bassinette they provided and she got a better sleep than we did. If you have a seat for your son then you can lift the armrest and he can sleep across you or across his seat and you. He'll find a way to be comfortable no doubt. He probably wont sleep all the way - but he will find things to do to amuse himself and if you can take a few little things for his entertainment he will be fine. My DGD loved a cheap little magnetic drawing/stamping thing so she could draw then wipe it out with one swipe. We made sure she did lots of walking at Singapore so that she was about ready for another nap when we re-boarded.

I wouldnt worry about not bringing the car seat - they arent legal here anyway unless they have the Aussie tick of approval

Archived