TRA or AQF3

Macks in Brissy

Guest leighanna

I have also read this as English qualifications aren't recognized in oz ...My oh is a wall and floor tiler and he is doing his AQF111 before we apply for our visa as he only has in house training. I have also read that most employers won't employ you if they don't recognize your qualif's

regards leighanna

Guest leighanna

My oh has no qualifications as he trained on job so he has to get his AQF111 as time served isn't recognised anymore can't remember what it was called ...lol. then he can get his tra, hope this helps....i am no expert on this though

leighanna

Guest fatpom
I have had my TRA passed as a time served steel fabricator and coded welder but have read that many states including Queensland do not recognise this (TRA) and that i would need to get an AQF3 certificate.

I hope someone may be able to shed some light on this matter.

Pretty sure this is not the case?

Provided you have trade quals equiv to AQF3 then they'll be recognised. In fact quals lower than AQF3 should be recognised but not to trade level equiv & so not too helpful with the migration process.

The TRA doesn't automatically ensure you get your ARTC (Australian recognised trade cert) although its was enough in my case & probably is in the great vast majority of cases. The TRA is (or was) purely for the purpose of migration.

If you're a time served fabricator & coded welder then you should have no worries about your trade status?

• 3 months later...

Hi Macks in Brissy,

I am late in responding to this thread and you probably already have your answer now, however, my OH has an NVQ in his trade, but did not have the hours needed to pass the TRA so he had to do the AQF III which allowed him to pass the TRA without any problems.

I to have heard on different occasions that the NVQ is not really recognised in Australia, and have since heard that if he went out with this qualification he would only be on trainee wages, however, with the AQF III his wages will be higher and have more chances of getting work.

He did his AQF III with a company called ACTS UK and they were really helpful.

Hope this helps.

Tasha

Archived