9 years and counting..... still loving aus

Guest Hull FC

Guest Hull FC

This is the first time I have used PIO, I have just been onto the page where there are poms thinking about going back to the UK,,,, I actually feel homesick myself now.... reading some of the blogs on here can make you feel worse, We have been in Aus for over 9 years now and take each day as it comes. We have been through the ups and downs, but we were doing that in the UK also, thats why we made the move in the first place, I am not saying that all is rosey, but Aus is a pretty special place to live, you have to give yourself time to settle and make some good friends, it just doesn't happen over night. We have found that in the past 9 years, we have had more opportunities than we ever would have had in the UK, If we were still living there, I would be in no doubt that we would still be living in the same house, going to the same pubs on the same nights, doing the same jobs etc,,, we wanted more..... we do miss all our family that is definately true, but after a while, it seems as if this becomes acceptable and we really look forward to them visiting, we are only 24 hours away and never forget that.

Archived