upper coomera state college

steve/helen

Has anyone got children in upper coomera state college?Are you happy with the school?Ive had a few negative comments about the school but these are from people who dont have children at the school,so i would be interested to hear any comments (good or bad)from people who do have children at this school .I will be moving to Riverstone crossing in Mausland later in the year and this school is in the catchment area.many thanks for any help Helen:wubclub:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mustang

Hi there,

What grade are you children going into?

Pacific Pines is not far from you at Riverstone Crossing either and they have a high school and lower school. I have heard more negative comments about Upper Coomera State College than Pacific Pines High School. Or there are a few private schools in that area also.

• 1 month later...
Guest kirwin

I am a student at Upper Coomera State College and I can say it is honestly a great school, all the negative comments you hear about are undeserved. When I came to UCSC it was my 4th school within 2 years, its the school I've stayed at the longest and been the happiest with. They have so many great opportunities for all the students there and a great academic, sporting and performing arts programs.

There are a number of school around this area, particularly private school but I would still recommend Upper Coomera. Depending on the age/s of your child/ren the the college idea might also be a nice factor. Our family has generally in the past attending colleges as i have a brother 3 years older and a sister 3 years younger. As a parent you can understand why my mother chose to send us to a single school instead of a number of separate schools. I find Colleges are nice because you can stay with the friends you make all the way through your schooling and when you graduate from one section you aren't thrown into an unfamiliar place with many unfamiliar faces.

Sorry for the big reply, there is just a lot of good things I can say about Upper Coomera State College. I hope you seriously consider it when choosing a school.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest kiwigal68

I am returning to Australia with my 3 little Aussies and looking into buying a home in the Upper Coomera area. My kids are aged 9yrs to 12yrs. I have seen a note regarding kids bringing weapons to school and it going into lockdown, is that right?

Can someone help, thanks.

Yvonne

Archived