cost of bikes

Guest Craig and Susan Reith

Iam thinking of getting a new bike for my 11yr old lad do I buy in the Uk or Oz, is there much price differance and will customs pick up on this ? only a couple of months use )

Is it worth taking older fridge / freezers , do they stand up to the journey and what is the cost in Oz to replace

Garden items how clean is clean ?, ie, petrol lawnmowers

Lastly we have wicker / rattan dining chairs we think we cant take them is this the case ?

Had our medicals waiting for police checks to come back , heading for Brisbane soon as poss GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Hiya,

I had someone from Crown removals in this week and we were discussing what I could take with me. Bikes can go - don't know about tax on new ones though. They must be clean - and by clean, they mean really clean. I've been advised to use a bucket of hot water and jeyes fluid and a stiff brush to clean my bike. Lawn mowers and garden tools must be cleaner than clean and disinfected. Not a speck of dirt is allowed into Australia.

My fridge freezer is about 4yrs old and my freezer is 2, I've been told not to bother taking them because of the CFC gas regulations and stuff.

Can't help with the furniture tho, sorry.

Hope this helps in some way

Felicity

Guest lynneand mark

Hi, we were told by Allied Pickfords that we could take no rattan, cane or wicker. He said it would not be allowed in!! He also said that if you put a lawn mower down on your customs form they will automatically open your shipment and check it! So make sure everything else is spotless or leave it at home!( his advice.)

Hiya we bought new bikes here ,,my son is 8 and we got a cracking mountain bike type in K-Mart for $99,,although they are a bit dearer in bike shops.In regards to your fridge ,if it works bring it ,,most households have 2 fridges one inside and one outside for drinks etc ,certainly wish i'd fetched mine.Not sure on the garden front depends what you want house wise ,most homeowners have pretty big gardens and ride on mowers,outdoor tables n chairs are quite cheap at A-Mart ,have a look at their websites on line for an idea ,if you have any little kids bring their garden toys as they are expensive here,,good luck with everything

Cal x

Guest spock

I just heard of ladies bikes at K-Mart for $79. We were going to get my wife one before we left, but have changed our minds now.

So only A-Mart and K-Mart... Plenty of letters left in the alphabet yet.

Thanks everone, we will wait on the bike ,sell the chairs and bring the fridge

Cant wait

Archived