Mums or new mums to be in Adelaide?

Guest parker

Guest parker

Hi guys,

I am an English girl who emigrated just under 2 years ago to Adelaide, I am just about to give birth to our first child in fact due today. I have discovered that without family it is pretty dam hard and only going to get harder once the baby arrives.

If anyone is in the same boat, has small children, expecting etc thought I would try and get some sort of group going, no idea how but have my thinking cap on....

Any ideas advice, responses would be great...

Thanks,

:smile:

Guest dan&nikki

hi - where abouts in Adelaide are you? we are in the western suburbs.

ps - good luck with your baby !

• 4 weeks later...
Guest parker

Hi we are in eastern suburbs hoping to move to western soon..

Baby girl arrived 29.05!!

How long you guys been here???

Guest dan&nikki

we are in Henley Beach area, we've been here since mid-Feb this year...so real newbies!!

i have three children, my youngest is 2 yrs old...

Congratulations on your baby!

:D

Guest zedster

Hi! We're hopefully coming to Adelaide at the end of october or beginning of november. We have a 5 year old girl and a 5 month old baby girl. I can imagine it being quite hard...we're used to help from my mum here so it's going to be tough but the eldest will be going to school when we arrive so might help a little bit. Would love to arrange to meet up with other mums once we arrive!

Guest parker

Hi Zedster,

Yes let us know when you get here I am sure we can meet up will be nice, let us know if you need to know anything if can help will. Do you know where you will be living?

Niki/Dan, Henley beach lovely we hope to move over that way in august!

Keep in touch guys,

Px

Guest zedster
Hi Zedster,

Yes let us know when you get here I am sure we can meet up will be nice, let us know if you need to know anything if can help will. Do you know where you will be living?

Niki/Dan, Henley beach lovely we hope to move over that way in august!

Keep in touch guys,

Px

henley beach is on our shortlist too! see you when we get there!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dan&nikki

HI Parker, how are you getting on with your little baby girl?

Hi Zedster, do you have your flights booked? how's it going?

keep in touch

Nikki :D

Guest zedster
HI Parker, how are you getting on with your little baby girl?

Hi Zedster, do you have your flights booked? how's it going?

keep in touch

Nikki :D

Hi guys

hope the baby has arrived ok Parker, I know you'll probably not have much time with a new born to be checking into forums but I hope all is well!!!

Nikki, we had the movers in on wed/thursday so our house is now empty and we hand over the keys to the new owner today!!!

We also booked our flights yesterday, fly out on the 27th October!!! Can't wait.

Got to go, Poppy is screaming :arghh:

Guest dan&nikki
Hi guys

hope the baby has arrived ok Parker, I know you'll probably not have much time with a new born to be checking into forums but I hope all is well!!!

Nikki, we had the movers in on wed/thursday so our house is now empty and we hand over the keys to the new owner today!!!

We also booked our flights yesterday, fly out on the 27th October!!! Can't wait.

Got to go, Poppy is screaming :arghh:

hi Zedster, so where are you living in the meantime?

we lived in an empty house for a month after our furniture left....it was awful!!

Guest zedster
hi Zedster, so where are you living in the meantime?

we lived in an empty house for a month after our furniture left....it was awful!!

We're staying at my mum's until october! it's quite squishy, she has a small 2 bed flat so me, mark & poppy are in 1 room and Lexie & my mum are in the other. Should be ok though, we stayed here for 3 months a couple of years ago when we were having work done in our house.:eek:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest haley

hi everyone this is such a good post for me to read as i to am freaking out about having no friends and being lonely when oh is at work being stuck with the children, my children are 5,3 and 19 mnths,we should be arriving in adelaide end of october but not booked yet,we too are heading south,moana,seaford,maslin etc is where we are gonna start,be great to arrange a play day for the kids and coffee for us lot , keep in touch, haley

Guest zedster

Most definitely Haley...wow, I don't know how you manage with 3...I have no time with 2!!!

We arrive on the 29th Oct so probably around the same time as you...we've applied for SA OAA so not sure where we'll be plonked but it's just going to be temp accomodation until we find somewhere we want to live.

• 1 month later...
Guest blinky

Hi, just read your last load of messages. I have just joined the web site . we arrived in adelaide on the16th of september and I am getting home sick already. so I thought this would be a great way to meet some friends around here. I have three children two boys 7 and 3 and a 5 year old girl who are feeling a little lost too. We are moving into Taperoo just on the peninsula, not far from where you all are . Well I hope you are all well and hope you have a safe journey and maybe we can meet up for a nice cup of english tea OR an aussie beer...... from marie

Guest blinky

:biggrin:Hi are any of you lady's in or around the western suburbs, do u still meet up? do u have room for one more? hope to hear from u soon. Marie

Guest zedster

Hi Marie

Would love to meet up. I have a 5 year old girl too so hopefully they will hit it off!!! We don't arrive until the 29th of this month but I'll check in again on this thread and sort something out when we arrive.

Z x

Guest blinky

:jiggy:Hi,

That would be great where abouts are u going to be staying, do u know yet? Let us know how u get on and good luck with everything befor u leave. xxxxx

Marie:wub:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zedster

Hi Marie

we're starting to get things ready to pack and leave the uk on tuesday 27th!!!

We'll be staying in semaphore for our first 4 nights (long story!) and then moving down to Brighton for a further 6 weeks until we get somewhere more permanent.

We'll be checking emails and stuff from an internet cafe place for a while but hopefully every second day so will be in touch once we arrive.

Take care

Zoe x

Hi Zoe,

Are you excited, or really stressed.....:twitcy:

We wish u all the best and try and stay cool....

We live in up the road from semaphore, we are in Taperoo.

If you need anything let me know...

Marie xx:jiggy:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Taylors08

Hi Everyone, we arrived here on the 1st sept. Living in Glenelg East. I have 2 daughters age 11 and 2 and one on the way due 1st Feb.

If anyone fancies meeting up it would be lovely.

Kelly

• 2 months later...

Archived