Schools near Sandhurst

racht

We are now renting in Sandhurst. Enjoying it so far,but now need to start thinking about schools/kindy.

I wondered if anyone had any advice for local schools as there are about 7 local primary schools. Does anybody have kids in any of them? Pros and cons if possible. Not decided whether to go private or not so want to look at them all before making a decision.

Thanks a lot.

Rach

x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Rach

Yes!!!! You finally got here and it's great to hear you actually settled in a suburb that you spoke about on PIO before you left the UK, so many people change their minds once here.

Ok primary schools, you do have a few choices, however I would be tempted to head for Lynbrook Lynbrook Primary School . As you are probably going to drive to school anyway it is 10 minutes drive which is only a few minutes more than going to Carrum Downs Primary. It is definately the best school in the area and you can live out of the zone. We have a few PIO members who send their children to Lynbrook and one family has now moved to Cranbourne but their children loved Lynbrook that they have decided to commute to school. Also another family who moved from Lyndhurst in to Skye still feel that Lynbrook is the best option around for their children. We have two children who also attend Lynbrook and if we do proceed with buying this new house then we also would carry on making the hour round trip to keep them there.

You could also try St Joachims in Carrum Downs it is an excellent school St Joachim's Home

One thing I do like about Lynbrook is that the school is next to a reserve and they often take the children there for outdoor activities, teddy bears picnics, carols by the lake etc.

Archived