Looking for People from Liverpool area

scousers

Hi, just wondering if there are other people from the Liverpool/Wirral are in Eastern Suburbs Melbourne, would love to have people drop in for a cuppa, you know like home! Been here 20 years and every now and again the basic things seem so important.

Guest wandering poms

Hi there, We're hoping to move to The Basin or Berwick within the next few months. We emigrated to Perth from Ashton-in-Makerfield 10 years ago but now want a change. Hope it's close enough to Liverpool for you !! We too have our moments of missing the "old country". Are there a lot of Poms where you live ?

Hi, Good to hear from you. Not many poms around really, unless you count my family. I've been here for 20 years with my husband and now have a 10 year old daughter. My brother and his wife came out 13 years ago as did my mum and dad. We all live around Croydon Hills or Kilsyth. The Basin is not far from where we are and there is a English style Pub there, " the oak". What has made you decide to come to Melbourne?

Guest wandering poms
Hi, Good to hear from you. Not many poms around really, unless you count my family. I've been here for 20 years with my husband and now have a 10 year old daughter. My brother and his wife came out 13 years ago as did my mum and dad. We all live around Croydon Hills or Kilsyth. The Basin is not far from where we are and there is a English style Pub there, " the oak". What has made you decide to come to Melbourne?

Sorry for the late reply. In answer to your question we just can't seem to settle here and wanted to try somewhere new. We thought there appears to be more " going on " in Melbourne so it might just suit us better. The jobs in Perth have always been a thorn in our side - Hubby been in and out of work for last 4 - 5 years ( he's a fitter)and never been able to secure a good job which would allow him to come home every night. I am waiting for an opening in the District Nursing sector. So at the moment we are applying for jobs in Melbourne and we'll have to see what happens. We don't really know the suburbs so would welcome your opinion on which areas would be nice to live in. We have a daughter here in Perth who is married, so it will be just me, hubby and the 2 dogs. The wanderers.

Hi The Wanderers,

After 10 years in Perth it does seem like another big move, but it is hard to decide what is the right place. We have on occasions considered Qld but not sure if it would become too much (sunshine all the time). Really when it comes to suburbs in Melbourne it would really depend on what lifestyle you are looking for? We live in the outer Eastern Suburbs, really nice area, but not many places to go out too at night, but then it does depend on what you are looking for. Give me some ideas and maybe i could be more helpful.

Sorry it took a while to reply, my computer has been down for a few days!

Guest JodyandNicola

Hey! Scousers living in Pakenham here. Someone mentioned the Oak pub on this thread, any chance of directions to there, or a road name for GPS?

Heard its a great pub, we fancy giving it a go!

Guest proud2beaussie
Hey! Scousers living in Pakenham here. Someone mentioned the Oak pub on this thread, any chance of directions to there, or a road name for GPS?

Heard its a great pub, we fancy giving it a go!

I think this is the place.

Index

Hi, Its called The Oak and its in The Basin, not sure of the address, havent been there for about 12 months but it was run by people Originally from Liverpool and it was a good night out, got very busy though so probably have too book a table

Archived