we are outta here!!!!

johnd

Hi Johnd

Thanks for your reply. We Mal(43), Ali(44), Ross(4) and Joe(2 1/2) live in Linthorpe, Middlesbrough.

Things just seem to be getting worse round here. There dosen't seem to be any respect for anything or anyone anymore.

We wish you all the very best and hope life in Oz turns out to be the dream you expected. Don't take any notice of what negative people say to you. They probably can't think past the end of thier road or the local pub or it may be that they are just jealous. Some people as you say are happy with thier lot and good for them, how lucky they are. It's the people you love and care for that matter and I'm sure if they care as much for you they will be wishing you all the best and giving you lots of encouragement.

Not long now eh!

Good Luck to you and your wife,

keep us all posted as to how it all goes,

Ali

hi johnd

i agree totally with your post we are in the same boat as you sort of thing,we have 2 kids 11 and 8 .11 year old going on 20!!! LOL

but we feel as this country and its people and the kids in general dont have any respect,for adults or the places where they live...

We are forever complaining about the glass and broken bottles,dog shit etc in the parks and no one seems to be bothered about it...they clean up and the night after its just as bad..so it shows the kids dont care,,

We arent going to Oz that its all going to be beaches,sunshine and laid back lifestyle,we are going to have days when we think what the hell have we done???? As we have never been.but my OH parents keep telling us how it has changed since their kids were growing up,you could let them play out in the summer in the local park,but i wouldnt dare let mine out now?? they would either be picked on or made fun of by the older kids!

But i agree with your post and we only have one life and it aint no dress rehearsal,and we aint her long!!!

So i hope everything goes well with your move down under.that is my hubbies motto just take each day as it comes"Dont worry about tomorrow" As it aint here yet and its very true ,we are just going to take one day at a time and ENJOY!!! gail

Guest michele'n'michael
hello alimal,

we are actually from billingham, and i work in hartlepool so the beautiful part of town i'm refering to were the scum drink there beer is in h'pool itself. with it being such a nice day they will all be out ,yes ,on their settees watching the world go by!!.

we intend to live in wollongong nsw, if only cos i've lived there before and i have relatives there, and its a bit cooler temp wise than perth.

i am in some ways already homesick............homesick for billingham circa 1985, it was quite a pleasent place to live then, as was most of teesside, or maybe i've changed.

its hard to explain to people who are staying why we are going cos you can't say ,its a dump ,when someone likes where they live. in a way i envy them they are settled in the uk and happy, they don't have to go to the other side of the world to find a settled life, or maybe they are kidding themselves about how they really feel in britain today. as i've always said i would'nt knock anyone for staying in the uk as it still has its positive sides despite the problems. its just not for us, we want something different.

time for a mini rant......... bumped into a person who i haven't seen for a number of months last night in a local pub, he used to play rugby at my club, he asked me if i was still playing,(retired this year at 37), i said no but we are going to oz anyway, he said and i quote: 'oh australia, lots of unemployment there, you'll be lucky to get a job'.

SOD OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, why do people say things like this it really ticked me off,(it didn't bother my wife), he then went to spread his obvious charms on one of the bar staff, leaving me thinking, i would never hit someone with a negative comment like that,he didn't even have time to take in what i'd said before he blurted it out. If another person was moving abroad or changing jobs/lifestyle change etc. I would be happy for them and ask a few questions about what they were doing. if i had a negative opinion and i felt that they REALLY needed to know then i would enter it in the conversation subtley.

maybe i'm being over sensitive cos we are going soon, all i know is that my close family and friends are pleased for us,(if a little envious), and my relatives in oz can't wait to see us.

and even if its hard work in oz at least i won't have to speak to my negative friend again!

a hung over johnd,(drinking far too much!)

Hey you LIVE THE DREAM!! Best of luck

Guest spock

Hey John,

Has your friend seen the obs in demand list?

I suggest that if your profession weren't in demand, you wouldn't be going!

Sounds to me like he doesn't know what he's talking about, and that he blurted something out to try and out-do you.

To omment on what a couple of other people have said about eeling sorry for those left behind, I can't say I do. A lot of people are oblivious to what's going on, and a lot of people are causing it. So I don't feel sorry for them.

As for family, we've made it clear we can sponsor them after a couple of years if they want to join us.

You shouldn't feel guilty about taking steps to promote your own quality of life, and thinking about what sort of a place your children will grow up in. I dread to think how my kids will ever afford a house of their own, assuming they can get decent jobs. And assuming that there's anything left in their wages after tax.

You never know, the grass may well be greener on the other side of the world! Let's find out! At least it shouldn't be covered in dog do.

Hi Jo,

You didn't sound ungrateful - I remembered the post because it was exactly how I felt. If my OH had said "lets not bother anymore" I wouldn't have been heartbroken. He is the driving force behind the move and I'm happy to go along with it. I think you said you weren't being dragged along kicking and screaming and thats exactly me as well!! As long as we are together as a family I know we'll be happy wherever we are and I'm sure its the same for most people.

Tracey x :yes:

Archived