A good agent please

deb67

Guest sazzle76

We used grist international.

Fab and half the price of UK agents. Service great and we got our visas within 6 months!

Worth a go?

Guest stue116

Hi

We used GO MATILDA, we found them great, although they have offices in uk our agent was in Oz, but always returned our emails, calls etc as soon as poss.

After 2 c**p agents they were a god send and we could always call the uk office if we needed to know something urgently.

Sam

Guest mattyjc

peter chains at pt labs cheaper than most and has been very helpful espically with tra stuff checking every thing really knows his stuff. wornt send it off till every thing is in order.

Guest mattyjc

yes ptlabs site has a free assessement very good at answering any questions you may have too.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi debs67

Your problem is tricky.

In your earlier thread you have said:

we are back in the uk (1yr) having lived in qld for near 2yrs it was my chioce to come back ,son & oh loved it there,we were on a 495 visa which exspired this april,we made a awful mistake in coming back,can anyone give us advice if there is a way we can get back into oz.

Oh is a joiner by trade

thanks debs

and

oh is 47 this yr

and

we left 3days b4 the 2yrs,

I suspect there would be a whole raft of legal problems involved.

The question is whether there is any way to get you a subclass 487 visa given that:

1. You are no longer in Australia; and

2. Your original subclass 495 visa has now expired.

I would not like to hazard a guess as to the answer because a guess is all that it would be.

If the answer is "no", I note that OH is now 47. Would his old boss be willing to sponsor him for a visa? I suspect that that is probably going to be the most do-able option provided that you can find an employer who is both willing to sponsor OH and is eligible to do so.

Visa Options - Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

Employer Sponsored Migration Booklet - Australian Immigration

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1154.pdf

What work was OH doing during his almost 2 years in Oz, please? Was he working as a joiner? If not, what was he doing?

What work has he been doing since you came back?

Whereabouts in QLD were you living, please? I am wondering whether your most likely contacts are based in the regional or the non regional parts of the State?

Best wishes

Gill

This will be no help to Deb, but for the benefit of any others in a similar position, it is possible to get an extension of the old 495 viisas and the replacement 475 visas. To do this, you must be inside Australia on the 495/475 visa and a one-off extension can be given up to the date 4 years from when the initial SIR visa was granted. This extension may be a short period if you did not travel soon after being granted the visa and may not be enough time to obtain the 2 years of residence etc.

So, unfortunately for Deb, she would have had to travel to Australia in April at the latest, before the visa expired and then immediately apply for the extension. Only an ENS or RSMS, or a 457 leading to one of them, will help her now it would seem.

Regards

Archived