Non Mirgrating Children

stewe12345

I have just been informed by our agent that my two children from my past relationship have to go for a full medical too even though they are not migrating with us. Does anyone know the reason behind this? Do they also get a visa granted even though they are not migrating with us?

Stewart

Hi, the reasoning behind it is if anything happens to the Resident parent (ie Mother or Father with who they live) then the Aus gov assume they would go to live with the other parent. Hence having to do meds and police checks if they are over 16.

I'm currently trying to get round this as i haven't seen my 2 for about 10 years and don't know where they are (mother never let me see them then moved when she re-married)

Also they don't get a visa

Hope this helps

Drew

Well Ive asked my agent as I have a similar sort of problem that the mother of my two children wont let me see the kids too. She has told me as long as I can prove that I have asked her to take them for a medical and sign a statutory declaration there wont be a problem. She advised me that the best way is to get a solicitor to write a letter to her to prove you have tried. Or if I get there mother to sign a letter saying she has refused to allow them to go to a medical.

I think in your situation, If you show you cannot find her on the electoral roll or phone book and sign a statutory declaration you will be fine.

Good luck

Stewart

Guest jane99
I have just been informed by our agent that my two children from my past relationship have to go for a full medical too even though they are not migrating with us. Does anyone know the reason behind this? Do they also get a visa granted even though they are not migrating with us?

Stewart

Hi. I was told this too, in respect of my son 20, however my younger son and I had medicals done for 457 and then CO dealing with my 175 didnt request anything further.

Guest jamtart

Our son who is 18 at the moment is not coming with us either (going to Uni). He has to take the full medical aswell. He will be granted a visa and as long as he validates it, he has the option of coming to Oz in the future. It seemed rediculous to us that he had to take the medical when he wasn't coming, but who knows what the future holds for him and then at least he can come and stay with us or emigrate himself without having to go through the visa process on his own.

HI MY DAUGHTER is still in the uk she is 23 yrs old, not lived with me since she was 14 she went to live her dad, at 18 she had her own child and moved into her own place.We came out on a 175 visa at christmas, and although i had to put her down on the forms even though she was staying behind she did not have to have a medical, i dont understand unless the rules have changed again, seems odd that to me

Guest southerngent

After completeing my online application my son who is not migrating was listed as requiring meds. having left the inital web page and logged in to check my application- all med forms are there to download EXCEPT for my sons. I have emailed for further clarification but had no answer ( nearly 3 months now).

Guest jamtart

I think it has to do with whether they are classed as dependant or not, whatever their age. Even though our son is going to University and moving out, we are legally obliged to give him financial assistance therefore he is classed as a dependant. I assume if your own children are married of have children of their own they are non-dependant and can't be included on your visa. I "assume", so please correct me if I am wrong :-)

Archived