Northern Beaches - what is dee why like? is Avalon commutable to the city?

hogand

Hi all,

I am moving to Oz shortly on a 457 visa and looking to live in the northern beaches area. From looking at schools, there is one in Dee Why which may suit us. What is dee why like to live in, would you recommend it, any pros and cons of the area and is it easy commute to teh city via public transport?

also, some of the houses up Avalon way look amazing quality compared to what you get down Manly way for the same price. Is Avalon a realistic option if Im working in the city?

hope some one can advise and help

Guest cornishman

Hi there,

This is my OH's account. We are currently living in avalon and love it here, its very beautiful. We also looked at manly and decided that it was too expensive and touristy, we are very glad to have chosen to live here. We are renting a two bed appartment which has plenty of space and is right in the centre of Avalon. It costs $450 per week which includes our water bill. Neither me or my OH work in the city but have used the bus to get there on certain occassions and it takes 1 hr 20 mins. However i catch the bus to work at 6 20 in the morning and there is an express city bus that leaves at 6:06 or 6:19 and gets into the city in about 1hr 10 mins. I hope this is helpful, let me know if you need any more info.:spinny:

Gemma

Archived