quick update

Guest nikkichap

Guest nikkichap

Havng said a tearful goodbye to hubby at the airport me and my 2 boys started our journey back home. Flew with Emirates who were pretty good. Spent 2 nights in Dubai to break up the journey. Loved Dubai, we went sight seeing and went on a sand safari which was the best fun ever. Arrived into Gatwick at 7.15pm on Sunday. My little boy asked me if was morning or evening. He was confussed as it was still light out. On the drive back to my MIL's house everything seemed familiar and I just felt really happy and couldn't stop smiling. Nothing much had changed after only being away for 8 months.

I knew that my true happiness of being back in the UK wouldn't start until hubby was back with us and we were back in our own home. Settling in at MIL's house has been OK. FIL has been more of a problem as he has Alzhimers and so he is very muddled most of the time. I seem to spend a lot of time sorting him out as I am the only one here to help him! Social services have visited and hopefully day center will be a better option for him as I will not be able to be with him all day. MIL has to hold down a full time job. It is a difficult situation. Can only do my best for him while I am here. Got insured on his car as he can no longer drive it but when it came down to me driving it he got very upset and hid the car keys. So for the first few days I was carless. Got the keys now but it had a flat battery so then had to wait for it to be charged. I am now mobile.

Boys start school next week but couldn't wait to see thier school friends, their friends had no idea about our return. So they had a surprise reunion after school. It was so good to see them happy and back with their mates. It was also good for me to see all my friends as most of them didn't know we had returned. So they were shocked to see me, but pleased. Got lots of coffee mornings to go to!

Went to Tesco for the first time and was totally overwhelmed with the choices. I was surprised at how cheap things were. Did a really good shop and found the people very friendly.

Since being back it hasn't all been plain sailing but I knew it wouldn't be. I knew that FIL would be a problem but as I desperatley wanted to get home I have to take the good with the bad. It's been great seeing family and friends and I know they will help me through the next few months.

I speak to hubby twice a day and at the moment we are both coping with the distance. The boys are glad to be back and I know it was the right thing to do. Next week once the boys are at school we can start to put our lives back together again.

I am hoping the weeks fly by and we can all be a family again soon.

Nikki:smile:

Guest Mark and Sharon

Good luck Nikki,glad you`re hapy now,we fly back on the 4june and am more nervous going back than we were coming out here.

Guest snow white

nikki all i want to say is you did what was the right thing for you and your family its a pleasure to read your post i know exactly where your coming from and i wish you and your family the very best for the future

lesley x

Guest tlander56

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for your update...I got all teary reading it!

Hopefully will be us soon...we may have to do the same as you guys....ie hubby staying behind for a bit.

Hope you settle well, and everything works out for you all.

Tanya

Guest cazbeckham

Hope all works out for you Nikki now that you are back in UK and I am sure it will be good again when Hubby arrives back.

Also good Luck to Mark and Sharon when you too return to the UK.

Returning to the UK is never going to be an option for us as we are so happy here, not saying we were not happy in UK but it has been my dream to live here for the past 37 years and now I am here I LOVE IT

Just miss my Son and his Fiance Clare who are in the UK but hopefully they will be out for a holiday just after xmas.

Good Luck to anyone else on this thread that is returning to the UK.

Caz

Archived