Do you buy house and land seperate?

Guest PomFish

Guest PomFish

Have been looking at properties in oz, mainly Brisbane and Melbourne and have seen alot saying house and land for sale. Does anyone know what they mean by it?

Guest paulwbafc

Hi

Was in Brisbane march 2007. We went looking around display homes. You decide on the home you want and you can have plan altered to how you want. i.e. have walls moved etc

to make one room bigger another smaller. Prices for the homes all 4 & 5 bed was $132-$143 around 60k uk prices. Then you buy land for around $100 depending on where it is. Then theres getting elec to the house getting plumbing etc but those costs not found out yet. All in thou looking at total about $275 all in for everything when talking to my wifes ozzie cousin. The homes if they were in uk would be about 400k as there all had 4 big bedrooms leisure centre size en-suites which comprise of double size shower with 2 shower heads 2 sinks to wash in. Large walk in wardrobes about 3ft wide and 12ft long and hanger space on both sides and you can walk down middle. Also 2 living rooms and rumpus room or cinema room depending on what you want to do with it. Living rooms where a good size with 4 and 5 seater sofas. Kitchens were large. Also laundry room. Homes where all out of this world. Asked if they build anything less than 4 bed and cousin said why would you want anything less than a 4 bed. Showed them on internet uk homes and the ozzies just laughed at how tiny they are. Homes in uk are like the battery hens of the world in each others pockets couped up. In oz its the free range hens of this world with lots of space. My cousin rents a 4 bed home on 2 acres and costs him 400 uk pounds a month.

Archived