kitchen stuff

johnd

it might sound like a daft question or even miserly, but we are in the final stages of leaving the uk and we have a few boxes of kitchen stuff , aerosols,cleaning fluid, fly spray,furniture polish,etc,etc, general household stuff that you accumulate over the years. we already know we have space in our container that we might as well fill, so can we take all these things? , or are certain things banned in the oz and not in uk. or is it just simpler to chuck it all away and buy new over there.

my wife says bin it but i hate to throw away stuff that we could use,(especailly fly spray!!).

johnd

while i think about it what about non-prescription medicines. we have a big basket of lotions and potions,(i think i'm a hypocondriac!!), can we put them in our container or is it not worth the potential hassle?.

johnd

Guest tinbasher

Hi

We brought all ours, as like you we had accumulated lots of things. Used to like buying things on 3 for 2 offers. We had no problem bringing them over. Glad we did, not saying we had a lot but we've been here 17months now and we are still using some of the stuff up!! Customs went through all our things and they did not question us about all the boxes of cleaning products etc. I would not bin it all and if you have the space, fill it. :rolleyes:

Mrs TinB

Guest The Spoonies

We had the packers in for assessment last week and they advised not to include any cleaning fluids etc.

Guest tinbasher

We didn't have any problems and our packers told us to take them all. Plus we brought all the medical stuff as well, but only if it hadn't been opened. Customs didn't pull us up for any of them and we declared the boxes of cleaning products etc on the packing list. All I know is that some of the things you can't get over here and some things are a lot more expensive as we don't have the competition over here to bring the prices down; at the end of the day do what you think is right for yourselves. I'm glad we brought it all. I am sure there will be others out there who did the same. :nah:

Mrs TinB

Archived