hi

Guest sporty-chick11

Guest sporty-chick11

hi if there is anyone who lives in oz please can u tell me what sort of sports and activities there are for people between 6-12 and also what the schools are like for people between that age.also do oz children bully on english children:frown: and if it would be easy to make new friends because i will want some friends asap when i move because i am going to miss my friends like mad.:cry:

There are lots of sporting opportunities here. My daughter (12) has settled in really well, despite year 7 being the last year of primary school here and not the first year of high school. She hasn't found that people have been unkind to her because she's English and she has made some good friends in the short time we've been here. They go to the movies, mall etc., We emailed the principle of her new school and he arranged a pen-pal for her which was a really good idea as she was able to meet someone when she arrived. She misses her friends too but not as much as she thought she would, she keeps in touch by msn.

Alison

Hi sporty chick

I moved to Oz when I was 12 and was dreading my first day of school, but it was great. They paired me up with some poor old girl who had to show me around. Before i knew everyone had heard their was a Pom in town and couldn't wait to come and chat!

I made loads of friends, they used to make me say certain things as they thought it sounded funny, but it was all in good fun! A few of the lads called me Pommy, but it wasn't melicous (can't spell, should have study harder at school, take note!!!).

As for sport, they're sport crazy there! Where I went to school you had the whole of Tuesday doing sport, just went to school in your Sports Kit, and went of to the swimming pool, netball courts etc etc.

You'll be fine, it will be a great adventure! I had the best year of my life, shame we didn't stay!

I'd say let us know how you get on, but you'll be so busy out and about you won't have time to surf this forum!

Have fun girl!

Sam xx

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The "Biscuits"

mum said i will make loads over there but i will miss my old friends soooo much:cry:

i am also happy about going i adore the koals and the kangroos:cute:

from laura

Archived