Britain is heading for a BBQ summer

Guest Aldo

Guest brooksey

Summers are wet and sticky and most of QLD floods most years. Central heating is rare as is insulation in most of Australia and windows are useless, you WILL be colder in your new Aussie home than you where in you UK home believe me..

The windows over here are absolutley rubbish. They let wind and cold in during cold nights and all the aircon out during summer. A five year old with a toothpick could break into a house over here.

Guest snow white

i was under my duvet last night im definitey feeling the cold and obviously getting soft

lesley x

Brisbane for the next week is average 24 in the day and 15 at night, all but one day sunny.

London for the next week is half rain half sun and average 17 in the day and 7 at night.

So UK in almost summer has days that are barely warmer than Australian nights almost in winter, and that is without me using the mountain slopes to exaggerate my point as others have.

fruitcakelfixed.jpg

Guest brooksey

Scorching today though. Ocean got another trip. Still 24degs in pacific. Does north sea ever get that warm.

Guest guest17301

Everyone at the train station had woolly scarves on today??? Have to admit the mornings are chilly here in Perth just lately...but then its 25 by lunchtime...crazy...but nice..I feel like 25 here doesn't feel like 25 (not as hot) in the UK, not sure if it's me that's acclimatised or what?

Archived