TOURIST VISA e676

beastmaster2452

Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me if they have used the e676 visa for family, my inlaws are coming over Dec 09 and they would like to stay with us for a 1 year. Has anyone done this, they will living at my house and they both have their pensions and savings and they are not over 70 years of age.

Regards

Matt

:wacko:

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me if they have used the e676 visa for family, my inlaws are coming over Dec 09 and they would like to stay with us for a 1 year. Has anyone done this, they will living at my house and they both have their pensions and savings and they are not over 70 years of age.

Regards

Matt

:wacko:

Hi Matt

There shouldn't be a problem with getting a 12 month stay in Oz. DIAC are normally very good to British Parents.

However, what are their longer term wishes? Is this literally just a one year visit or are they hoping to apply for a Parent or Contributory Parent visa at some stage?

The reason why I ask is because DIAC might well impose Condition 8503 - No Further Stay - on the tourist visas. If they do so then the effect will be that your in-laws will not be permitted to apply for any other visa whilst they are physically in Australia.

Please see the fact sheet about this:

Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 52b. Waiving Visa Condition 8503 - "No Further Stay"

Please sing out if you have any queries

Cheers

Gill

Gill,

Thank you for your reply, I have been looking at the Aus gov website and I have notice that my inlaws could also come over on a 679 Visa (visting family). What would be the best visa to apply for e676 or 679. They are only staying for the year then returning to the UK and then coming back for good hopefully after selling there house and they will be living with my family and I.

Regards and many thanks for your assistance,

Matt

Archived