Take the car?

Guest yorkshirepud

Guest yorkshirepud

We are not sure whether to take our own car or not. Have no idea about shipping costs as yet as havent started to get qoutes, but have been told that cars are much more expensive to buy over there than they are here. Does anyone have any knowledge of that?

Unless it's a particulalry special car or particularly valuable, the costs involved ar probably not worth it. As well as the shipping costs there there adjustments that need to be made to the car to make it road worthy in Australia.

Rudi

Guest Winpom

unless its a flash one i wouldnt bother the fees to get it on the road and duty out way the worth of a regular motor ,any way theres great deals to be had at the moment

i,ve just bought a ute and suv and bartered the price down thousands ,its a buyers market at the moment

Guest The Pom Queen

Personally, I would purchase a car here, although yes, 2nd hand cars do hold their value. Take a look at this blog post for more information and costs involved in shipping your car: Moving to Melbourne

Guest Guruju

I had a special sports car in the UK but the amount of costs above and beyond shipping to make it compliant with Australian requirements, taxes etc just didn't make it stack up as viable. I would say buy here there are plenty of bargains around at the moment. I got a $45k new car for $35k all optioned up. Cheers Julia

Guest jchrisj

We have had our VW Passat for 4 years, its a great car fully serviced and totally reliable...............................Shame the bloody bin men couldnt see it.

At least i could post it now instead of shipping it.

Chris

Archived