Sole trader or limited company setting up business in Perth?

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Hi,

I am hoping someone will be able to help me out on this one. I am currently a freelance translator English into Dutch living in the UK. My business is currently set up as a limited company, as my accountant has told us this is saving us a little money on tax.

We believe we will be able to go to Perth later this year on a 176 visa, WA State Sponsored, and I am now starting to look into how to setup the business side of this.

My questions are:

1) Would it be better for me to setup my business as a sole trader or as a limited company in Oz?

2) I believe, the same as with migration agents, you can only find a good and trustworthy accountant by word of mouth, it's no use just checking the yellow pages. So, does anyone know of an accountant in Perth that may be able to help me with the setting up of my business in Oz?

Cheers,

Karin

• 2 months later...
Guest Helen Joyce

Hi

I work for the Small Business Centre in Joondalup. A governement funded not for profit organization which assists small businesses in WA.

Two helpful websites for you State Migration Centre and Small Business Development Corporation.

The first will help you with the visa process, the second with running a business in the WA. There is a link to the Small Business Centre, so when you get over here, contact the local Centre and book an appointment with them for a chat.

Bother services are FREE.

Helen

Archived