difficulty proving skill

Guest nforne

Has anyone out there had any trouble proving their skill? I've got enough points and my job's on the SOL, but I don't have a qualification so it's back to school for me! :roll: Hope to apply in a year or so...

Guest cosworth123

hi neil , just sat here and sent a reply but now i cant find it !!it must be out there somewhere. got to dash wife callig catch upo soon

Hi Richard, you must have PM'd by mistake. Here's your reply...

it was a long trip!!

as i run my own company i had to prove that i personally could carry out the work myself and not rely on my employees. all my references had to be changed so that they read in a certain way. all my clients wrote letters saying that i personally worked on site every day which i do as i am an hands on boss. i also backed up this with a 30 day diary which included every thing i did each day from what time i got up to who i spoke to, to what guys i had on each site, what manual labour i did that day and what clerical work i did ie estimates /banking/ accounts tax etc. this diary was also backed up by photos that corospoded to each site i was on and to finish i made a short video of me working. that was a hard months work!!!

dont leave nothing to chance. any orders i had that were on paper i also sent in which also related to copies of my material orders to my builders merchant. we have waited 3 years to get this far and paid alot of money to our agent . ask everyone as many questions as possible.

how long have you been waiting?

where you heading?

what trade do you have?

hang in there and good luck

richard

i'm a tacker get me out of here!!!!

Blimey! You must want to get in really badly! :shock: lol

how long have you been waiting?

Me and the missus went to a seminar four years ago(!), filled in an assessment form and were told that although we scraped the points we wouldn't get in without a qualification. I asked the agent what if I studied to get one? They said by the time I got it I'd be over 30 and wouldn't have enough points anyway. They were really negative.

Stupid, stupid me! I thought their lack of interest meant we had no chance so we gave up. :oops: I now know that they were only interested in signing up dead certs.

We decided to look into it again a couple of months ago. Despite being over 30 we still make the points if we lend the government $100,000. I've started studying for my NVQ 3 and City & Guilds 3 which should take around a year. I can then get my skills assessed and (hopefully!) get the ball rolling before I hit 35 and lose yet more points.

where you heading?

Really like the look of Adelaide. We're trying not to think too far ahead though, at least until we apply for the visa.

what trade do you have?

I work in print. On the SOL I'm a 'Graphic Pre-press Tradesperson', but I could be described as a typesetter, desktop publisher or Mac operator.

Guest cosworth123

i thought the rules on entering adelaide were far more relaxed?? as they want this area ocupied. have you now got an agent? we used the emigration company, they did make some mistakes but this could have been to the ozy rules continually changing.

investigate more about entering adelaide!!

there must be other ways in without handing over money as a bond.

i was 34 when my apllication was loged it then took another 14 months for the visa to be granted. if i can get in with no qualification they so can anyone.

richard

I thought it was just the points score that was more relaxed for the state-sponsored visa, but the skills still had to proved in the same way?

If I'm wrong on this I'd definitely consider it.

We've had a couple of free assessments by migration companies so I'm pretty sure we're gonna have to stump up the $100,000. This isn't as bad as it sounds for us, because we're not planning to buy a house until we've been there for at least a year and got a feel for where we want to live. Might as well let the government keep it warm... Hang on, just had a thought... is there any risk involved in lending it? :shock: Anyone know what they use it for???

Cheers

Neil & Kat

I thought it was just the points score that was more relaxed for the state-sponsored visa, but the skills still had to proved in the same way?

If I'm wrong on this I'd definitely consider it.

We've had a couple of free assessments by migration companies so I'm pretty sure we're gonna have to stump up the $100,000. This isn't as bad as it sounds for us, because we're not planning to buy a house until we've been there for at least a year and got a feel for where we want to live. Might as well let the government keep it warm... Hang on, just had a thought... is there any risk involved in lending it? :shock: Anyone know what they use it for???

Cheers

Neil & Kat

Hi Neil & Kat

The SA goverment are giving 10 extra points for anyone gaining sponsorshipo for SA, so therefore if you can get 100 points yourself, you will then gain 10 and 110 is enough for the SIR visa.

As for your skill may be worth ringing this company as they have an ex TRA bloke working there, http://www.ianharrop.co.uk

got us in and hubby has always been self-employed sole trader and had no apprenticeship certs etc either.

Good luck

Cal x

Archived