State Sponsorship Negative effect

Guest CHB

guys

if, now i am 175 applicant(CSL+MODL) and yet to allocate a CO after June. i plan to apply for WA Sponsorship and yes, my occupation is in their list.

scenario 1) when i'm in a process to get approval from WA gov's approval, will it affect my 175 application?

scenario 2) if i've been sponsored by WA gov, and i've been approved my 175 visa. is there any negative effect?

basically i just don't hope that applying WA sponsorship may ruin the possibility of getting 175 that i've applied since last july.

i'm so worried now.

Guest The "legdes"

Hi there,

You sound as though you are in the same boat as us. We have an agent and have applied for state sponsorship to get priority processing. I don't think it damages or changes your initial lodgement (after all even when you are granted a ss you still have to accept it to act on it ..and then it has to be formalised/accepted by DIAC). Our agent hasn't mentioned any downside so I wouldn't worry - I'd just go for it while the opportunity is still there and the door is still open.

Good luck - try not to worry (yeh I know easily said not so easily done - I'm just having a good week!)

Guest The "legdes"

CHB

Also - just noticed your meds - if your meds expire in Aug you really could do with getting priority processing now or you could end up having to get them again.

Guest The "legdes"

CHB - If you are still CSL you should be able to relax and do nothing as DIAC are currently saying all CSL will have COs by May (1 month earlier than they were saying a few weeks ago).

The "Legdes"

yeah i read the latest news over the forum about the May situation. i lost my confident as most of the CSL applicants has granted visa and they applied after me. that is my worry. up to now i still don't know what happened to my application, nor it is submitted successfully or there are some mistakes i made in my application.

if i apply for SS now, i have nothing to lose but added another security onto my application. i heard that at this moment only DIAC is giving priority to SS applicant so that CO will be allocated within 10days and this is every applicant's dream!

so back to the question,

if my 175 granted as of DIAC's update, by end of May. and WA SS approved my sponsorship on July, can i just forget the SS? will WA migration office tell DIAC that i'm actually their sponsored applicant, then DIAC will make some changes onto my 175?

Guest hearty

CHB, a lot of CSL have got CO but not many have been granted visa. I'm one of them and the wait is killing me as I kept wondering why visa is not granted until today. Few people who applied later than me (and you of course) have got their visa granted. I also have SS but have yet to accept, I believe (I hope not!) they will not notify DIAC until I accept their offer. It's valid for 6 months.

It's been 3 weeks since CO...I wish to take my mind off for a while so that I can concentrate on my baby's arrival next month. Now...could this be the reason why they are holding back on my visa???

Have you tried sending a PLE....maybe it could stir things up a bit.

Archived