why can't agents be named if they go bust

TheBrammies

Why can't agents be mentioned if they go bust

if they have gone into liquidation then its a fact and should be mentioned.

how many people on here will be with said agent and won't know that there agent has gone under so can't do anything about there application.

Guest proud2beaussie

It's not just the fact that the agency is insolvent,if allegations of misconduct are made on an open forum and those allegations later turn out to be unproven then it leaves the site administrator open to legal action and to be honest I don't think it's fair to expect him to take that risk,I am sure that he would love to 'name and shame" them but until he has received legal advice about the matter he can't take the risk.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Nigel is exactly right. What you may say in private emails/PMs is down to you. Open forum....there are some guidelines that we have to be aware of!

Hi Guys,

As much as I would like to allow this company in question to be named, they last week threatened me (again) with legal action should their name be mentioned on an open forum regardless of the context in which they are mentioned. This leaves me with no option but to censor their names and close any thread with this information. Unfortunately my hands are tied.

Archived