career change before the big move

Guest joinermike

Guest joinermike

hi all, :biggrin:

just wondered if anyone has any idea of work prospects for national park rangers....am thinking of going into this field of work ....20 years on the tools as a joiner is enough thanks :wacko: , want to change career as well as country....

--------------------------------------------------------------

measure twice cut once

Guest TheArmChairDetective

So, how would your skills transfer? I mean a career change wouldn't give you transferable time served experience so could you just become one without having something they want in exchange?

Guest steve.55

Snap; I've been here for 7 months trying to change direction. The tried and tested machine, which has served so well, seems to be overlooked when it comes to, selection of 'maybe it could be put to good use' doing something else. I continue to be upbeat, enthusiastic and available; but my ability to remain this way, is waning. If you manage to secure a job as a 'Ranger' give me a call, I will even act as a 'Deputy', unpaid; if there is a chance of a job.

Guest joinermike
So, how would your skills transfer? I mean a career change wouldn't give you transferable time served experience so could you just become one without having something they want in exchange?

We are only looking at moving over in roughly 3 years, so will give me ample time to make the change and get some experience under my belt......there are lots of collage cources related to the work and should suit me down to the ground.....dont fancy any work indoors thats why im looking at this type of work:biggrin:

Guest TheArmChairDetective
We are only looking at moving over in roughly 3 years, so will give me ample time to make the change and get some experience under my belt......there are lots of collage cources related to the work and should suit me down to the ground.....dont fancy any work indoors thats why im looking at this type of work:biggrin:

I'm not attacking, I'm trying to see if your idea fit's other scenarios and how.

Guest joinermike
I'm not attacking, I'm trying to see if your idea fit's other scenarios and how.

never thought you were my friend....any perspective is more than welcome.

didnt mean to cause offence:embarrassed:

Guest joinermike
I know the feeling, how are you getting into oz, Im sure you will get in easy being a joiner..?

no chance of getting in as a joiner now...they have taken them of the skills list.:arghh:

good news is my wife is a paediatric nurse and she will be the main applicant:smile:

---------------------------------------------------------

measure twice cut once

Archived