The Big Move to Sydney - Suburb Advice

Guest Miss Moth

Guest Miss Moth

Hey Everyone,

I guess you read a lot of these posts but i am in real need of some advice. My partner and I have just has our move to Sydney confirmed. We maybe over there as soon as June.

We will both be working in North Ryde hopefully. As it's quite soon I am currently unsure of whether we will be able to get out there and have a look around before we move.

So i was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers of where to live? We will be renting at first until we find our feet.

We are a young couple I am 30 my partner 25, we are looking for somewhere that is a relativley easy commute to North Ryde, a nice area with maybe a few bars & resturants and not too expensive.

I know its a big ask and there are a few boxes that need ticking. I don't expect to get everything I'm looking for but I guess those are the characteristics of my ideal place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Miss Moth xxx

:twitcy:

Guest tenquidder

North Ryde's a technology park, companies like Microsoft and Oracle have their head offices there. It also has Macquarie Uni. and a huge shopping centre. Plenty of apartment accommodation in the local area.

It's a good location because it's handy to harbourside suburbs like Gladesville, Drummoyne, Hunters Hill (a bit pricey), and also north shore suburbs like Lane Cove, Chatswood, Lindfield, Roseville. It's also on the newly opened Chatswood to Epping rail line, so its handier to public transport than it used to be.

Guest Queenie

Hi Miss Moth

If you're young and want a social life then I would probably head for somewhere like Cammeray, Chatswood or Neutral Bay although you'd have a short commute to work. Lots of units to buy/rent

If you're looking more for family type places then round St Ives is lovely with bigger family houses.......alternatively if you're a beach babe head to Manly and the Northern Beaches but it's more of a hike at a 40 min commute but lots of people do it and there's good roads to North Ryde.

Either way you're probably best North Shore as then you don't have to trek through the city each day - and North Shore is the nicest bit in my opinion.

Good luck! You'll have a fab time!

Queenie x

Archived