Specific Work Experience & Maternity Leave

Guest Bill_er_Bong

Guest Bill_er_Bong

Hi,

Anyone know if paid maternity leave will count to the 3 out of the last 4 years to get the 10 points for Specific Work Experience?

Cheers

B_er_B

Guest The "legdes"

Hi There,

I'm really sorry but I don't think it does. Gollwobbler will probably be absolutely sure.

From what counted for my OH 's recent experience any week with less than 21 hrs paid work didn't count. When I was looking into whether I could apply instead of him I'd just finished a years maternity - that's why I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Hop I'm wrong but I wouldn't get your hopes up to high. Good luck

Guest Bill_er_Bong
Sorry it doesn't count - I looked on the immigration website. Good luck with it.

Thanks for this info. Any chance you could post me the weblink so I can have a luck. I know maternity leave doesn't count to the recent work experience requirement, but this is different.

Cheers....

Guest ozziewannabees

Hi

Ah yes of course I'm getting confused- I just re-checked you are right and they don't actually mention anything about maternity leave - so maybe it does count towards it. Also - if you were working for the same employer you wouldn't strictly need to put down that you were on maternity leave anyway.

good luck!

Archived