carpet laying jobs in perth/mandurah

hi we are heading to mandurah in september,

i have a AQF level 3 qualification and 15 years experience laying vinyl, laminates and carpets.

Does anyone know how difficult it will be for me to find work? , as i will only have enough savings for around 3 months living without work?

When i did my AQF Level 3 the training provider told me there is lots and lots of oppotunities, especially with the AQF qualification, but after emailing my resume to many companies in and around perth region, ive not heard anything back.

Does anyone know if i may indeed struggle on the job front?, and what may be a good approach in finding work, any tips?

regards,

jason

as luck would have it i rang a company today in perth and was told to go and see him when i get there he reckons there is plenty of work and its picking up he told me it would take between 1-2 months to get your name around to get a full weeks work.

we go out the month before was going to be brisbane but going to perth now where the work is.

hope this helps

as for not getting any replies the general feeling is you wont they dont want to know until you are in the country.

• 10 months later...

Hi

Me and my family are in the long and stressful process of trying to move to Aus. I have been told my best avenue is to find sponsorship. I have 30 years experince in flooring both in contract and domestic work. Could you let me know what the work situation for floor layers is like now in Aus and do you know any companies how would consider sponsorship.

Thanks for any advise

Maxmax

• 4 weeks later...
Guest maggie t

Dear jason,

We need a carpet layer with some expertise in borders and generally a tradesman that will do a good quality job. Solomons in Joondalup has failed to find us a layer at the moment. you can PM or email me back (click on my user name) if you like Thanks

hi we are heading to mandurah in september,

i have a AQF level 3 qualification and 15 years experience laying vinyl, laminates and carpets.

Does anyone know how difficult it will be for me to find work? , as i will only have enough savings for around 3 months living without work?

When i did my AQF Level 3 the training provider told me there is lots and lots of oppotunities, especially with the AQF qualification, but after emailing my resume to many companies in and around perth region, ive not heard anything back.

Does anyone know if i may indeed struggle on the job front?, and what may be a good approach in finding work, any tips?

regards,

jason

Archived