Need Consultant Info

waqas

Hi all,

Please see my credentials:

Qualification: Bachelor in Computer Science (Honors)

Job Experience: 5 years

ACS Assessment: Done last year (near to expire)

ASCO Code: 2231-17

IELTS: 6.5 (speaking=7,listening=7,reading=6,writing=6)

According to my stats I am able to start my process for a 176 Visa with the Sponsorship of ACT. However I am worried about following things:

1) Somebody told me that after May 09 it would be very difficult to get a visa from OZ and specially for a Pakistani. Is it true? If yes, then isn't it just wastage of money?

2) I need a trust worthy consultant. As I am from Pakistan and there's no registered consultant in my city, and I am afraid of having some online consultant. Can anybody tell me if it is OK to have an online consultant?

3) I've found this ASA group: About ASA - Overview and history of ASA Consultants

Have anybody experienced them or is there some consultant better and less expensive than them? If yes, then can anybody give me their contact info?

I will really appreciate your kind response.

regards,

Waqas

Hello Waqas.

Being from a high risk country I think you must reconcile yourself to the possibility of your visa application taking longer than others due to the likely wish of DIAC to carry out local checks on your claims as to work experience.

That aside, an application to the ACT Government would seem to be in order, and if your ACS application is close to a year old you may want to lodge a skilled visa application in anticipation of ACT Sponsorship.

If you would like details of our fees please feel able to send me a PM or an email - click on my name to the left of this posting.

Best regards.

PS. It seems probable you will have to improve your IELTS results before you can secure ACT Sponsorship - have a read of the Guidelines here:

http://www.business.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/129008/176_Visa_Sponsorship_Guidelines_March_09.pdf

I'm not immediately certain whether ICT Professionals have the IELTS requirements of Professionals - you may want to check this with the ACT Government.

Alan,

Thanks for your reply. I wonder, why do I have to improve my IELTS results? As I have read the Guidelines and found that my job code is defined under Professional category (ASCO 2231-17) and it is mentioned in document that, following are required for professionals:

− minimum 3 years work experience in the nominated occupation;

− minimum IELTS 6.5 in speaking.

And I think I have both of them.

IELTS speaking = 7

Can you please tell me, if I still have to improve my IELTS?

And yes my ACS Skills Assessment is going to expire in May. Now what do I have to do? Should I apply for a re-assessment? Is there some chance they fail my assessment this time?

PS. It seems probable you will have to improve your IELTS results before you can secure ACT Sponsorship - have a read of the Guidelines here:

http://www.business.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/129008/176_Visa_Sponsorship_Guidelines_March_09.pdf

I'm not immediately certain whether ICT Professionals have the IELTS requirements of Professionals - you may want to check this with the ACT Government.

Archived