need help

Guest fergie family

Guest fergie family

Hi

Just booked flights with Qantus and wanted to ask a few questions. We are flying in June from Glasgow - London - Singapore - Adelaide.

1. When we check our luggage in at Glasgow do we not see our luggage until we get to Adelaide.

2. We were told that we can book seats 2 weeks before we fly how do we go about doing this as I have not got a clue.

Any help would be grateful

Thanks Susan

Guest alan_blue

hi, what date in june are you flying? we are on the 15th. Are you taking the lovely pup in your pic too?

Not flown from Glasgow but I would think that your bags would be checked through to Adelaide and you wont need to worry about them.

You can probably book a seat earlier than 2 weeks - if you ring the Qantas office and ask if you can request a seat they are usually quite good about telling you where they can put you (in the nicest possible way of course)

Just another tip - join up to Qantas frequent flyers before you go! I dont think it costs you if you join in UK and you can change your address once you get there. You may even choose to get a credit card that links with FF once you are in Aus and the points always come in useful even though it may not be the best FF program in the world. You never know when you may want a trip home.

Guest proud2beaussie

That itinerary sounds to me like a few hours in transit at Singapore? Generally the only direct SIN-ADL flight is QF82 which leaves at about 10.30PM and gets to Adelaide at around 6.30AM which would probably mean that you would have at least a few hours to explore Singapore Airport which is fabulous,probably the best airport in the world,even has a swimming pool!

Depending on which flight you are on from London (QF10 or QF320?) you will probably be getting to Singapore about 5.00PM in the afternoon,obviously depends on your flight numbers as to the exact time.

If you are on QF82 that is generally an Airbus A330 which is a very comfortable plane with good seats and about a 31 inch seat pitch,they are good for reclining which means you should be able to get some sleep,as for the London to Singapore flight well that will probably be a 747 or maybe a 777,they too are comfortable planes and you should hopefully have a good flight.

I've been able to have a look at the status of QF 82 on the Qantas system and it's about half booked at this stage so you should be able to book some seats now if you call Qantas,if you are on QF82 have a look here:

SeatGuru Seat Map Qantas Airways Airbus A330-300 (333)

The best seats are in row 23 at the front of economy.

You can also use seat guru to check the best seats for the LHR -SIN leg if you can find out the aircraft type.

You should be able to check your bags through from Glasgow to Adelaide but it may depend on whether you are on all true Qantas flights or whether you have some codeshare flights on BA metal which is fairly likely on GLA-LHR,if that's the case you may have to collect bags at Heathrow but you won't see them again after that till you get to Adelaide.

But it does depend on your flight numbers and whether there are any codeshares.

Welcome to Changi Airport

Hope this helps

BTW I agree with Quoll about joining the frequent flyer club-do it today.

https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyns/joinff, It's is indeed free for UK residents.

Guest fergie family

Hi nigelinoz

Thanks for all the information its a great help. Yes the flight no. is QF82 from singapore to adelaide at 10.30pm to 6.40am and it is the airbus A330-300. And london to sinapore is the boeing 747-400. The glasgow to london is british airways BA1495 Airbus A319 so it looks like we will have to collect our luggage from that flight and then not see it again until adelaide.

Thanks for the web page looked at seats but can I book seats online or do I need to phone Qantus could not see anyway to book seats online, I am really just wanting 4 seats together.

On way back it is different it is adelaide - sydney - bangkok - london - glasgow and at bangkok I think it is only a fuel stop because it is the same plane boeing 747 and only stops for 1 hour and 20 min so that will be a long flight.

Thank you you have been a great help

Susan

Archived