Housing

Guest DesperateHomer

Guest DesperateHomer

We’re serious about emigrating to OZ and so I guess it’s sensible to ask the following of anyone who has had experience of recently moving over.

If all goes ahead we’ll have approximately £220,000 sterling to buy a property (at current market rates). I’m fully aware of all the agent’s sites however I thought there’d be value in asking you guys the simple question of what could we get if we moved to either:

Perth

Melbourne

Adelaide

Tasmania

Sydney

Guest Mary McNeilly-Jones

Don't buy as soon as you get here. Rent and take your time. I came to Mandurah 72 ks south of Perth nearly 5yrs ago, because I knew it was the fastest growing town in Oz..... seriously. Prices have escalated here because everyone wants the WA life style. When I bought the medium house range for a 4x2 was 220K...... now it's 500k! WA is booming so if you don't know what changes are happening look at http://www.mymandurah.wa.com

and for accommodation not all agents but private people try http://www.mandurahparkvilla.worldstays.com..... good luck

Mary

Guest kerryandduncan
We’re serious about emigrating to OZ and so I guess it’s sensible to ask the following of anyone who has had experience of recently moving over.

If all goes ahead we’ll have approximately £220,000 sterling to buy a property (at current market rates). I’m fully aware of all the agent’s sites however I thought there’d be value in asking you guys the simple question of what could we get if we moved to either:

Perth

Melbourne

Adelaide

Tasmania

Sydney

Hey dude

We are off to Tas and have looked into this. The house prices are cheaper in Tas than anywhere is Oz cos the mainlanders don't like the Tas weather, but we're used to it right? Couldn't tell you bout anywhere else though.

Jo and Paul, same for us, will rent till we find the right place and know we are in the right area, would like to have new one built too as their new house styles are awesome and apparently you can save quite a bit that way too! although l dont know for sure. Gold Coast prices seem to be pretty cheap which really surprised me, although again, it depends which areas you choose.

Archived