Plumber or gasfitter whats the difference

sharonsdream

HELP, ADVICE REQUIRED. MY HUSBAND IS A PLUMBING AND HEATING ENGINEER AND AS YOU ALL KNOW PLUMBERS HAVE BEEN TAKEN OF THE CSL FOR NOW, SO WE THROUGHT WE WOULD LOOK INTO HIM APPLING AS A GASFITTER BECAUSE WE ARE AT THE BEGINING OF OUR APPLICATION. BUT OUR AGENTS THE VISA BUREAU HAVE SAID THAT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T DO AN APPRETICESHIP SOLELY IN GAS FITTING HE CAN NOT APPLY.

WHAT HE DOES HAVE IS CITY AND GUILDS IN PLUMBING TO WHICH ONE OF THE COMPONENTS COVERED IS GAS SUPPLY INSTALLATIONS AND FITTING TO WHICH HE AS PASSED. HE THEN WENT ON TO DO A BPEC IN GAS WHICH IS THE NATIONAL ACCREDITED CERTIFICATES FOR GAS FITTERS.HE WORKS DAILY FITTING GAS BOILERS CENTRAL, HEATINGS ETC SO HAS NUMEROUS YEARS EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH GAS. MY QUESTION IS DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT QUALIFICATION HE WOULD REQUIRE TO BE ABLE TO APPLY AS A GAS FITTER.:arghh:

Guest chris_mac
HELP, ADVICE REQUIRED. MY HUSBAND IS A PLUMBING AND HEATING ENGINEER AND AS YOU ALL KNOW PLUMBERS HAVE BEEN TAKEN OF THE CSL FOR NOW, SO WE THROUGHT WE WOULD LOOK INTO HIM APPLING AS A GASFITTER BECAUSE WE ARE AT THE BEGINING OF OUR APPLICATION. BUT OUR AGENTS THE VISA BUREAU HAVE SAID THAT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T DO AN APPRETICESHIP SOLELY IN GAS FITTING HE CAN NOT APPLY.

WHAT HE DOES HAVE IS CITY AND GUILDS IN PLUMBING TO WHICH ONE OF THE COMPONENTS COVERED IS GAS SUPPLY INSTALLATIONS AND FITTING TO WHICH HE AS PASSED. HE THEN WENT ON TO DO A BPEC IN GAS WHICH IS THE NATIONAL ACCREDITED CERTIFICATES FOR GAS FITTERS.HE WORKS DAILY FITTING GAS BOILERS CENTRAL, HEATINGS ETC SO HAS NUMEROUS YEARS EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH GAS. MY QUESTION IS DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT QUALIFICATION HE WOULD REQUIRE TO BE ABLE TO APPLY AS A GAS FITTER.:arghh:

Hi Sharons Dream

Please see link for gas fitter quals..

Gasfitter 4431-13 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

Additionally, not having all his quals he could be assessed by Trade Assess which if successful he could gain a AQFIII which would be enough for a successful TRA application down Skill path E.

Tradeassess:

Trade Skills Assessment

As long as he is in the trade and has been for no less than 4 years and can obtain his training records, courses, quals and references etc he should be ok.

Best wishes

Chris

hi

my understanding is that to get the required formal training hours as a gasfitter,the only way would be to have city and guilds or NVQ levels 2 and 3 in Gas Fitting

the ACS doesnt forfill the training hours and any plumbing quals wont count towards it

i think plumbers that do gas will struggle as most of our training hours will be plumbing bias

daz

Guest Fredtheman

Go as Chris says and do it as a gas fitter. don't listen to agents as they talk a load of b***s Plan your forms set them out Can he get a few work refs to go with them? This is your hardest part. The main forms are a walk in the park. I did all my own paper work and I got in and I'll tell every 1 on here I'm crap at forms. It's the waiting that's a killer. Photocopy your forms and fill them in on blue ink. write out on them in red ink what you do / need /or don't have . Then fill your main forms in black ink. Sort of a dummy run first. Post on here looking for GAS FITTER HELP and see what comes up. some one on here always has an answer. Best of luck.

I hope this helps

Fred

Archived