Cronulla to CBD, Illawarra line suburbs?

Guest Nim

Hello!

Moving to Sydney with my family early next year. I am driving myself mad with looking into places to live!! Ultimateley, we need to go and have a look for ourselves but we would like to have a few places on our 'hitlist'!

Inner West seems lovely but downsides are the cost and it might just be a bit too urban for us (trying to escape this, moving from London!)

Sutherland Shire sounds great. We want to be 'on the train line', could anyone please let me know what the suburbs down to Cronulla are like? Where to avoid?

Cronulla, Woolooware, Caringbah, Miranda, Gymea, Kirrawee, Sutherland, Jannali, Como, Oatley, Mortdale, Penshurst, Hurstville, Allawah?

Caringbah seems quite affordable, anything wrong with this place??

The suburbs close to the airport, are they very noisy?

I am a bit concerned about the commute, how long does it take from Cronulla to CBD? ANd what is the cost of this commute?

Thank you!

Guest tenquidder
Hello!

I am a bit concerned about the commute, how long does it take from Cronulla to CBD? ANd what is the cost of this commute?

Thank you!

Hi Nim

Check out the train timetable at CityRail - The Timetable. The website aslo has a fare calculator.

Cheers

Chris

Guest boomerangpommie

It takes about an hour from Cronulla to the CBD by train, can't remember prices, though, sorry. Caringbah's got nothing wrong with it, just a sort of non-event, no real character.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nim

I went up to Sydney on the train last friday. It cost me $14.50 return from Wollongong, which is quite away from Cronulla, but you get the idea of costs. The cityrail web site is good, gives you costs and times etc. Im not sure how far time wise it would take from Cronulla to the CBD but I left the gong at 930am and cruised into Sydney 2 hours later!!!! the trains are not fast by any means compared to the UK. Not sure what those other areas are like, as I live in the Illawarra, which is stunningly beautiful but too far to commute to Sydney on a daily basis. (although some do so Im told!!) hope that helps...???

Archived