Problems With Agents?

Alan Collett

Can I recommend that those who are having problems with their advisors should revisit the terms of the advisor's appointment?

What exactly is the advisor being engaged to do? What is the obligation on the part of the advisor in return for the fee that has been paid?

So long as the applicable law in the contract is local to you (and I know that Gill has concerns in this regard) there may be remedies available through solicitors - and the mere threat of approaching a lawyer would (or should) bring an advisor into line.

Also, where individuals are dealing with an underling I recommend taking the complaint straight to the top person in the organisation.

I don't accept poor service from the people we deal with, and I recommend that those who are suffering from a lack of attention to their case don't do so either.

Best regards.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

The above post was put into another thread. I have copied it to a new thread of its own as well because Alan Collett of Go Matilda is absolutely right in what he says.

Lest anyone should think otherwise, Alan is NOT touting here. I made the new thread, not Alan, and I have done it without even consulting him.

I am not trying to promote any particular Agent or firm. I have started the new thread because the advice Alan is offering about how to deal with problematic agents is spot on.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived