CANBERRA - Q on Rent/Job/Schools

Guest joeljr garcia

Guest joeljr garcia

HI to all,

Much like other people who are planning to migrate to Australia, particularly applying for state nomination from ACT, i would like ask your detailed opinion/advice with regards the three factors stated:

(btw, main applicant is my wife and included is me and my daughter (5)

1 Rent - cheap, safe, near schools, cozy

2 Job - my wife is a Corporate Accountant, I'm a Retail Company Compliance Auditor

3 School - for starters, low cost but good education for my daughter.

thanks in advance everybody.. :smile:

HI to all,

Much like other people who are planning to migrate to Australia, particularly applying for state nomination from ACT, i would like ask your detailed opinion/advice with regards the three factors stated:

(btw, main applicant is my wife and included is me and my daughter (5)

1 Rent - cheap, safe, near schools, cozy

2 Job - my wife is a Corporate Accountant, I'm a Retail Company Compliance Auditor

3 School - for starters, low cost but good education for my daughter.

thanks in advance everybody.. :smile:

I answered your points 1 & 3 in another post basically. Jobs - well I guess SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site is probably your best bet but jobs are thin on the ground as well at the moment and it may take a while to get one as there have been quite a few redundancies and people are actually moving to Canberra in the belief that there may be vacancies here especially in the finance field whereas in the past they may have been well entrenched in Sydney or Melbourne. Good luck but expect it to take a while.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Samfire

Hi there,

With regard to question 1 above, Quoll has given some very informative and invaluable information on this forum - refer to The best place to live in Canberra thread. Hopefully, unlike us, you have a better budget than we do to enable you to afford the more sought after, desirable neighbourhoods. We are having trouble choosing from all the rest!! Good luck and take Quoll's advice!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thebrindabellas

Hi All....

We moved to Canberra on the 22nd Feb this year and have been here for 8 weeks now, we are renting in Harrison and if you need any help with questions/answers you can allways email meand i will help you best i can.

Zoe

Archived