Dental Tech hobby & a job

KIRK AND CO

Guest sam.ward

yea its quite a good job over here and the money is pretty good too im a dental assistant so i no a few techs and they seem to enjoy especially the ones that work for queensland health

Dental Tech hobby & a job

would you chose it as a job to enter oz ?

Unlike our friend from Barnsley I'm somewhat better placed to comment as I practised as a dentist for many years before getting bored and deciding to do a law degree and practising in migration law (I still practise part-time as a dentist to keep my registration).

There is an absolute shortage of dent techs in Australia at the present time which is why it is on the CSL.

It is a very well regarded job and pays quite well. It is also not that difficult, or expensive, to set up your own dental laboratory once you've gained several years experience.

You do, though, need to have a lot of self-discipline and be self-motivated with an eye for detail in order to meet the clinical demands.

Other than being a General Dent Tech you can go on to specialize in being a Ceramist which pays rather better or even to practise on your own account as an Advanced Dental Technician with your own practise offering dentures and mouthguards direct to the public.

If you want any more info email me privately and I'll point you in the right direction.

Archived