New Zealand will not cut immigration

Guest earlswood

Guest earlswood

Why not Try NZ instead,

New Zealand is not likely to follow Australia in cutting its migrant intake to protect local jobs during the current recession, Prime Minister John Key has indicated.

"New Zealand needs skilled migrants to grow," he said, during questioning at his weekly news conference.

NZ unlikely to cut immigration: PM

Guest SAINTHURLOCK
Why not Try NZ instead,

New Zealand is not likely to follow Australia in cutting its migrant intake to protect local jobs during the current recession, Prime Minister John Key has indicated.

"New Zealand needs skilled migrants to grow," he said, during questioning at his weekly news conference.

NZ unlikely to cut immigration: PM

Why would anyone wanting to move to oz change to nz.....completely diffrent countries. im guessing people make this move out of a genuine desire and love to be part of this country ....if not then hedge your bets and go for a us green card.. or .canada.....hell...eire is only across the road if your that desperate to get out of blighty

Guest earlswood
Why would anyone wanting to move to oz change to nz.....completely diffrent countries. im guessing people make this move out of a genuine desire and love to be part of this country ....if not then hedge your bets and go for a us green card.. or .canada.....hell...eire is only across the road if your that desperate to get out of blighty

New Zealand is a practial alternative to Australia if folk have now seen their dreams shattered by the recent cut-back on artisans announced yesterday...the post obviously went straight over your head.....whhhoooossshhhh

Guest SAINTHURLOCK
New Zealand is a practial alternative to Australia if folk have now seen their dreams shattered by the recent cut-back on artisans announced yesterday...the post obviously went straight over your head.....whhhoooossshhhh

The cut backs are being made to self nominated skilled visas and this is only a percentage over the coming years...there is more than one way to skin a cat so I dont see how suggesting NZ to people is anymore practical than suggesting any other predominantly white/ largely english speaking developed nation as an option....NZ is nothing like Aus in the sense of countryside,people,culture or potential earnings so as 'a practical solution'...yep your right whoooosh over my head

Guest madplumber1
The cut backs are being made to self nominated skilled visas and this is only a percentage over the coming years...there is more than one way to skin a cat so I dont see how suggesting NZ to people is anymore practical than suggesting any other predominantly white/ largely english speaking developed nation as an option....NZ is nothing like Aus in the sense of countryside,people,culture or potential earnings so as 'a practical solution'...yep your right whoooosh over my head

My cousin is an electrician in Auckland, he reackons work is stable at the moment for tradies on the North Island at least.

Once you have a visa for NZ, you have one foot in OZ. Become a NZ citizen and your free to enter OZ.

Guest proud2beaussie
Once you have a visa for NZ, you have one foot in OZ. Become a NZ citizen and your free to enter OZ.

New Zealands residence requirements for becoming a citizen is 5 years.

Guest earlswood
New Zealands residence requirements for becoming a citizen is 5 years.

But at least you can alaways jump to OZ WHEN THE RECESSION IS OVER...THEN AGAIN i HAVE HEARD SOME PEOPLE ACTULLAY PREFER NZ

But at least you can alaways jump to OZ WHEN THE RECESSION IS OVER...THEN AGAIN i HAVE HEARD SOME PEOPLE ACTULLAY PREFER NZ

Are you thinking of giving it a try?

North island weather is rather like south of England, you'd love it!!

(We actually wanted NZ - couldn't get in so easily! Visited Auckland on our reccie just in case we hated Perth tho)

Guest TheArmChairDetective
Are you thinking of giving it a try?

North island weather is rather like south of England, you'd love it!!

(We actually wanted NZ - couldn't get in so easily! Visited Auckland on our reccie just in case we hated Perth tho)

Credit where credit is due, Earlswood does actually have a good and valid point here. There is more to life than just Oz, I have been to NZ on a reccie and I agree it is lovely. I do understand though that it is easier to migrate there if you want to go to somewhere outside the greater Auckland Area.

As for weather, Bay of Islands is tropical.

Of course there is the Tasmanian Accord but after 5 years living in NZ one might just want to stay there or just cant afford to make yet another expensive move.

Guest proud2beaussie

I lived in New Zealand for 2 years when I was a kid as my father was transferred there for a short term contract,I hated the place,cold and damp and the natives were far from friendly,I couldn't wait to come back to Australia,mind you I have been there on business five or six times since and it has a lot going for it but I still wouldn't want to live there again.

Credit where credit is due, Earlswood does actually have a good and valid point here. There is more to life than just Oz, I have been to NZ on a reccie and I agree it is lovely. I do understand though that it is easier to migrate there if you want to go to somewhere outside the greater Auckland Area.

As for weather, Bay of Islands is tropical.

Of course there is the Tasmanian Accord but after 5 years living in NZ one might just want to stay there or just cant afford to make yet another expensive move.

Just to be clear I was not in anyway 'having a go' at Earlswood, I happen to agree with you (& Earlswood) on this one. It was just my idea of a joke.

Guest TheArmChairDetective
Just to be clear I was not in anyway 'having a go' at Earlswood, I happen to agree with you (& Earlswood) on this one. It was just my idea of a joke.

Hell no, I didnt take it that way.

I too hope that Earls gives NZ a go.:biggrin:

Archived