Any visa available for a widowed Mum?

zoeburrell

Hi All,

Since being in Australia I've met up with a few English people and one of them has become a good friend over the last few weeks. She's been out here since May last year and her Mum (late 50's) isn't cop[ing very well without her. She lost her husband just before my friend emigrated and, although she has 2 sons still in the UK, feels that her daughter was her support and is now the other side of the world. I really feel for her. Her Mum just wants to be with her and she just wants to be 'there' ('there' in an emotional/supportive role rather than 'there' in the UK!) for her mum. Her mum is in her mid/late fifties, has no qualifications, has some capital in her home (if she sold it) but not mega-bucks and wants to come to Australia to be close to her daughter again.

Does anyone know if there's a visa available that would enable her Mum to come out here? I know if there had only been 1 son then, with 50% of her children out here, she could have but with 2 sons in the UK she has more children there.... Any ideas? I've advised her to try and go to an expo to get some ideas but don't know whether any are coming up in the UK?

Would be great to hear from anyone :smile:

PS - for everyone wondering if it's worth the neverending slog that is the Visa Process... yes it is! Australia truely feels like home now and it's only been 2 months!

Zoe xx

Archived