ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest stayte

Spouse Visa Applied For - What's next?

Guest stayte

Hi all

Not posted anything on the site for a while but thought now would be a good time to get back involved.

Compared to some of you out there - guess we have (hopefully) a relatively straight forward way into Australia as I have an Australian passport and have just sent off the Spouse's visa application for my wife. Just wondered what happens from here?

We've been married for over 5 years and have a 3 year old daughter (we're applying seperately for a passport for her) so hopefully the application should be a simple process - or will it?

Will we be contacted with confirmation of receipt? We've included the police check. At what point do they confirm if all is in order. Is it automatic that they ask for a medical? If so when will they request this be organised and what will be involved (my Caroline hates needles!).

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jon & Caroline

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest Bexta
    Hi all

Not posted anything on the site for a while but thought now would be a good time to get back involved.

Compared to some of you out there - guess we have (hopefully) a relatively straight forward way into Australia as I have an Australian passport and have just sent off the Spouse's visa application for my wife. Just wondered what happens from here?

We've been married for over 5 years and have a 3 year old daughter (we're applying seperately for a passport for her) so hopefully the application should be a simple process - or will it?

Will we be contacted with confirmation of receipt? We've included the police check. At what point do they confirm if all is in order. Is it automatic that they ask for a medical? If so when will they request this be organised and what will be involved (my Caroline hates needles!).

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jon & Caroline

Good job on getting the application in- hardest part is over! (Or so they say...)

:biggrin:

You sound like you'll have no worries getting your wife's visa and I'd be very surprised if they didn't issue her with PR straight away. You'll be on easy street, don't stress!

As for what happens now, yep they'll confirm reciept of your application (usually by email) and also once payment is recieved. They'll then get in touch if and when they want to speak with your wife (they may want to phone interview her, they may not, we don't actually know if there is method to their madness when it comes to who is interviewded) and once they review your initial application, they'll ask for meds.

If you want to, go book meds in now and send them in straight away, they simply match up the meds with the visa application and refer to them when it is needed. There is usually a bit of a wait (a week or two) to be able to book in for meds so you may aswell book it now and even if your booked date comes up before they request meds, it'll be fine, loads of people front load meds with spouse apps.

As for the meds, its the usual big check-up stuff. Yes she'll have to give blood and she'll have to have x-rays too. But other than that they just check your stats, blood pressure, reflexes, breathing, eyes & ears etc. Pretty non-invasive stuff.

Good luck with it all!