457visa - Bridging Visa - 457visa

manxste

Hi all,

I have a mate here in Aus who is on a 457visa, he has recently been offered a job, again on a 457 visa. Whilst his new sponsorship is being processed he has been granted a bridging visa. I am trying to find out the following:

1. If he now has a bridging visa does this mean the old 457 is cancelled ?

2. If the new 457 is not approved will he be allowed to stay at the present company on the old 457?

3. Based on the outcome of question 2, will he have to leave Aus in 28 days or find another sponsor??

Many thanks

Ste

Guest chris_mac
Hi all,

I have a mate here in Aus who is on a 457visa, he has recently been offered a job, again on a 457 visa. Whilst his new sponsorship is being processed he has been granted a bridging visa. I am trying to find out the following:

1. If he now has a bridging visa does this mean the old 457 is cancelled ?

2. If the new 457 is not approved will he be allowed to stay at the present company on the old 457?

3. Based on the outcome of question 2, will he have to leave Aus in 28 days or find another sponsor??

Many thanks

Ste

Hi Ste

The old visa will not be cancelled until the new once is activated. If the new one fails then the old one is still there and active. The DIAC only cancel visa's if one is superceded by another or the applicant breaches the visa conditions.

Best wishes

Chris

Archived