Evidence of Work Experience for Self Employed

julzcary

Hi,

Just gathering my info together for the visa and need evidence of work experience for the last 4 years. For the last 3 years I have been self employed working as a consultant, and prior to that I worked n Local Government for 20 years. Im getting a letter off my previous boss at the council, but need otherevidence of my current work. The guidance doesn't seem to refer to self employed, only previous employers etc.

I intend to get letters of a number of clients stating what I do for them, how long I have worked for them, past invoices to clients, bank statements, tax documents, NI documents etc. I've also done a stat. dec. stating my past and present employment.

Do you think that will be sufficient and/or anything else anyone would advise to include. Also, how many letters from clients, bank statements etc would you include?

Thanks for any help.

Julie

Hi there,

Its a bit of a nightmare when it comes to doing self employed bits, because there doesn't seem to be rules as such! But do bear in mind when you apply for the Visa you are limited on the amount of documents you can attach, our visa was 60. Now that sounds alot, but when you start adding all the certificates and passports and work exp docs together its amazing how quickly you knock up that number.

We have also provided docs for self employed. We did a stat dec, letters of reference from clients, letters and invoices from Accountant, a number of invoices for all 4 years, client list, business card, business insurance, any tax info. You name it...we sent it!! I could have provided more, but I was getting rather close to my 60 limit, so I thought if they need more I'm sure when we get a CO they'll ask for it.

Good Luck.

Lisa

Archived